Is It Possible to just screw in a pick guard for a guitar that doesn't have one? for example the lower-end Jackson V's don't have a pick guard, so would it affect the sound or anything if I just screw in a pick guard into the body?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
It'll be fine, just make sure you line the pickguard up right.
Yes and be careful too, cause if you're roughm you'll chip the finish around the hole you drill.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
No. Unless the guitar has predrilled holes, you'd have to drill your own holes into the guitar.

First, line up the pickguard where ever you want it on the guitar and tape it into place, that way it doesn't move about.

Then, use a drill on a high power setting, and drill the screws into the guitar through the prefab holes in the pickguard. Make sure to drill carefully and slowly, as to not drill too hard and then crack the pickguard.

When you finally screw the pickguard into place, remove the tape and you're done.

Just so you know, if you don't like the pick guard, then your stuck with it!

But , if you do it right, your guitar will be fine and won't affect the sound at all (unless you drill into one of the pickups).
ohhh wow thanks for the tips ill look forward to it.

Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?