My girlfriend and I are really into his music. The only way he promotes his music is through Myspace, where he became the #1 unsigned artist, so he's been working pretty hard for himself. He's starting to accomplish some pretty big things. He's the only unsigned act to have a CD in the top 100 alternative albums on itunes, where he topped Nickelback and John Mayer, among others.

Though, not too long ago, he was signed to the record label Glassnote Records. I think it's a pretty good accomplishment for one man, and a guitar.

Does anyone else listen to Secondhand Serenade? Awake is a great album, in my opinion. John is a very good vocalist.

www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade
I think he's pretty rubbish to be perfectly honest. But each to their own.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I think he's pretty rubbish to be perfectly honest. But each to their own.

Agree. There's so many better 1 man, 1 guitar acts *cough*Elliott Smith*cough*. I suppose if it's your thing though, more power to ya.
I know it sounds negative, but if the only way you promote your music is through Myspace, I think that's a little poor to be honest.
rites of nothing.
Sucks.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Last edited by Slut at Jul 11, 2007,
he sounds like a happier version of dashboard. which is no fun at all
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Yes, Dashboard called, and they want their music back. He just sounds so whiny and annoying, and he writes music as if he's been given the task of writing chapter 1 in a "Beginner's Guide To Guitar For Kids" book.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Wow this thread has been harsh. I mean you'd figure the PP&E guys would be the most respectful of any of the guys on here since people spew ignorance and take the piss out of the bands they like all the time. Seriously guys, if you don't like him just say so, don't go on about how awful you think he is, I'm assuming this thread was actually for fans.

/preaching
Quote by NGD1313
Wow this thread has been harsh. I mean you'd figure the PP&E guys would be the most respectful of any of the guys on here since people spew ignorance and take the piss out of the bands they like all the time. Seriously guys, if you don't like him just say so, don't go on about how awful you think he is, I'm assuming this thread was actually for fans.

/preaching

lewl, only one person has "gone on" about how awful he is. The rest of us made our peace in one quick statement.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I think in this case repeated hatred should be allowed? It's just so consistently bland, and I can't imagine he's doing it for any reason other than to pull some jailbait.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
i dont like him sry, he just writes simple acoustic songs with really cheesy lyrics
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Everyone I know love his music and i want to smash his guitar into his face, he has the most unappealing guitar lines and the majority of his songs are on one scale and he uses the same chords, but i do have to respect him for making it as fart as he did.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
i usually listen to music with a more hardcore influence e.g as i lay dying, killswitch engage etc and i actually think that his music is pretty good
My friend wanted me to learn how to sing one of his songs. I've never heard it though. Supposedly it's a tough song to sing.
I'm a person.
There's a difference between a "tough" song and a whiny song.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
There's a difference between a "tough" song and a whiny song.

Ok?
I'm a person.
i like him, and my girl likes him too.
yea he gets a little whiny
and all his songs are about the same thing
but i enjoy it
and i think it's better than dashboard
i liked him at first, but every song sounds exactly the same to me, and i gradually began to hate him. lol
Quote by rcbass

and i think it's better than dashboard

Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Last edited by Guitarist132 at Jul 18, 2007,
His songs are good. but i didnt rly think he was trying to get into the music industry... i read somewhere that he was just doing it for his wife/gf, but that coulda been **** && if he actually wants to become famous, there are ways to promote yourself... and it doesnt seem like he tryed if he only promotes himself on myspace.
Ok, I wont give him much credit in originality, BUT. The vocal harmonies are amazing and absolutely gorgeous in lots of the songs. None of you can deny that. I enjoy his music immensely, the metalhead that I am. *flame shield* I'm actually seeing him in October.