Hi,

First off, I'm a 14-year old Filipino citizen born in the Philippines. I was hoping to get some answers from any veterans or better yet, men/women doing service now.

Ok. I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to do to get into the Australian Military when I come of age. Do they allow people who weren't born on Australian soil? Will I have to apply for citizenship first(I have no problem with that whatsoever)? If I am able to get in, what would be the highest possible rank I could get up to?

My second question is related to the title. I plan to join either the Marines or the Navy. Can recommend the better one? Any experience?

I wouldn't be surprised if I got a "You're 14 dude. Wait a few more years before you ask that." kind of response, but I was asked one of those "What do you plan to be when you grow up?" questions and I honestly couldn't answer. I have two uncles in Australia, one used to be in the Marines(he's retired), the other is currently in the Navy. I looked up to both of them as a kid and I still do, I think they're great people who love their country. I also have two aunts in the United States Airforce but I'm not so interested in joining the US Forces. I decided to try to get into the Australian Military possibly after High School or College because I want to follow in my family's footsteps.

If anyone's wondering why Australia, it's because a lot of my family is over there and my parents are trying to get us Aussie Citizenship. So yeah, that and because the Philippine Military's just terrible.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Go with the Navy. (That is if you like water). I would say that just because you get to travel more, and in the rare chance that Australia would send you somewhere to actually fight, chances are less that you will get killed in the Navy.

BTW, my dad was an officer in the Australian army when he was 18. So I'm not dissin them or anything, by saying that they don't use military force very often any more. I consider it a compliment (and its just true).

EDIT: I dont know anything bout your first question though.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
I honestly dont know the difference.

I honestly dont know why you would want to join the defence force.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
^ Yeah, I guess you're right about the Navy getting to travel a lot more but not having to fight as much. So I guess I'd just go for the Navy.. So... I've still got a few more questions. Thanks thrash64, you answered one... but any other opinions are more than welcome.

EDIT: That was to thrash64

and to Myself101, I guess it's just my "thing". With all due respect, I wouldn't really want to be in office my whole life. I'm pretty adventurous.
Quote by ~windrider~
Hi,

First off, I'm a 14-year old Filipino citizen born in the Philippines. I was hoping to get some answers from any veterans or better yet, men/women doing service now.

Ok. I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to do to get into the Australian Military when I come of age. Do they allow people who weren't born on Australian soil? Will I have to apply for citizenship first(I have no problem with that whatsoever)? If I am able to get in, what would be the highest possible rank I could get up to?

My second question is related to the title. I plan to join either the Marines or the Navy. Can recommend the better one? Any experience?

I wouldn't be surprised if I got a "You're 14 dude. Wait a few more years before you ask that." kind of response, but I was asked one of those "What do you plan to be when you grow up?" questions and I honestly couldn't answer. I have two uncles in Australia, one used to be in the Marines(he's retired), the other is currently in the Navy. I looked up to both of them as a kid and I still do, I think they're great people who love their country. I also have two aunts in the United States Airforce but I'm not so interested in joining the US Forces. I decided to try to get into the Australian Military possibly after High School or College because I want to follow in my family's footsteps.

If anyone's wondering why Australia, it's because a lot of my family is over there and my parents are trying to get us Aussie Citizenship. So yeah, that and because the Philippine Military's just terrible.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sweet so glad im not the only filipino here
honorary member of the lumpia lovers club

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Quote by ~windrider~
^ Hehe. Ang rami natin dude.

gawa pala tayo group ^_^
honorary member of the lumpia lovers club

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Hey you could go to Duntroon (sp?) and become an officer I think that requires you to have a clean record aswell as passing yr11 or 12 (i think), if you go to Duntroon you could end up as general eventually. heres a link: http://www.defence.gov.au/army/
Hope this helps.
Would it be better if I finished college first or just went straight in after High School? And thanks for the link, I think it has a lot of info I'll need later.. Right now, I think all I really need are stories and opinions.
Quote by ~windrider~
Would it be better if I finished college first or just went straight in after High School? And thanks for the link, I think it has a lot of info I'll need later.. Right now, I think all I really need are stories and opinions.

After High School. Make sure you finish with a decent HSC mark so you've got something to fall back on if you don't make it.
I know a few extremely fit guys in the army, they've said it's the most physically demanding thing they have ever had to go through. The fitness test is the easiest part of the whole deal. Make sure you're pretty fit and have a bit of muscle happening (you'll definitely need it).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
After High School. Make sure you finish with a decent HSC mark so you've got something to fall back on if you don't make it.
I know a few extremely fit guys in the army, they've said it's the most physically demanding thing they have ever had to go through. The fitness test is the easiest part of the whole deal. Make sure you're pretty fit and have a bit of muscle happening (you'll definitely need it).

I plan to be fit and muscular by the time I get to be a senior anyway. Thanks for the tip, I'll remember that.
Quote by the_poison125
yvon eth nioj

Joining the Novy? PHAIL
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Join the marines, hopefully you'll have a better chance of getting to kill some people. That's a good enough incentive for me.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Marines = Cleanup crew(Means they are the ones who wipe any hostile activity in the area)

Navy = Travel a lot and hang around coasts waiting for orders.

You decide which 1 its safer
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Well the Village People never did a song called "In The Marine Corp"
Army ftw
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
navy = less risk of getting killed, but same basic amount of action

marines = front lines
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by ~windrider~
and to Myself101, I guess it's just my "thing". With all due respect, I wouldn't really want to be in office my whole life. I'm pretty adventurous.

Uh....where did i say i wanted to spend the rest of my life in an office?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
Uh....where did i say i wanted to spend the rest of my life in an office?

That wasn't really what I meant, I just wanted to stress the fact that I wanted more adventure and live my life to the fullest and being in the Armed Forces is the way I want to do that. Probably a lame reason for you, but I never said I had an amazing reason.
lol your gonna find it difficult to join "The Marines" in Australia i think you'll find. But you know, maybe they exist just keep looking.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Here are some great ones.

1. cellomaster=racist

2. cellomaster=homophobic

3. cellomaster=cunt.

'Nuff said, prick.
Quote by 'Raven'
is it a chihuahua? hide it in your pants and pretend its a boner!!!