[GP5/GP4/MIDI]

So, uh. Yeah. This song is my attempt at something similar to Between the Buried and Me. It's not done yet, but I decided to put it up here for crits anyway.
C4C as always. Harsh crits are totally cool. Kick my ass with your crits. (keep them constructive though) haha.

EDIT 10/6:
"I'm going through changes!!!
I'm going through changes!!!"
Uhm, yeah, I'm weird. Yeah, I've added to the song during my ban.
Check it out yo.
Attachments:
Destroying Planets, Conquering Galaxies.zip
Last edited by SGxMastodonxSG at Oct 7, 2007,
That is incredible.

You did the time signature changes brilliantly, and the riffs were beautifully done.
I must say though, I did have to change the guitar from Overdriven to Distorted. I hate that tone.

I absolutely loved the solo. It was amazingly well done, and I will look at your other stuff.

I loved it, congratulations.
The solo was excellent! I dont normally like endless sweeps... but that kicked ass!

And the Breakdown! That was another piece that was excellent.

It was merely good until then, but then that changed my opinion to 'great'.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
i loved riff a it was sweet some of the other riffs were a bit meh but obviously they sound better on guitar. that riff thats just all eigths you should maybe throw in some trills or 16th somewhere to make it more interesting. but it was sweet all the same. the solo was amazing i loved the sweep patterns you used but maybe you should extend it now by adding some non repeating parts at the end. and then put an outro in there for sure.
That was impressive! I never really got into Math Metal or Mathcore but that kept my interest all the way through. All the riffs and time signatures were perfectly placed. The lead lines were great. The solo was my favorite part but i wouldn't really call it a solo. I thought it was more of a long melodic interlude There really wasn't enough variation in it for me to see it as a solo but hey, thats just me. The breakdown was great too. Please let me know if you keep making songs like this, id really like to hear them.

Would you crit the song in my sig please?
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Last edited by HedBanger24/7 at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by HedBanger24/7
The solo was my favorite part but i wouldn't really call it a solo. I thought it was more of a long melodic interlude There really wasn't enough variation in it for me to see it as a solo but hey, thats just me.

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes because I didn't really view it as a solo either.

Thank you for the crits guys, I'm glad you seem to like it.
checking out your song now Hedbanger.
the only reason i didnt like it was because of your use of chromatics. the chromatics ruined it for me.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Holy ****, amazing, was just looking through a few old songs off here and came across this again, man that **** is flawless.
Wow, first mathcore anything i've ever liked...

i really loved your riffage, and the time signatures didn't really seem to give it an uneven feel, like most mathcore things do. it flowed remarkably well.

Very nice.

the ending seemed a tad empty though, hope you tie up the ends
Quote by p!r4Te
the ending seemed a tad empty though, hope you tie up the ends

probably because it's not an ending haha.

i can't believe i still haven't finished it, it's been almost a year since I've started!
looking back, i'm not as proud of it as I was. Some tightening up needs to be done haha.

thanks for all the kind words and criticisms.
Wow. Looks like I'm going to have to make room for some BTBAM on my ipod now. Tis song sparked my interest, yet again.

This song is amazingly well written, however, I have to agree with HedBanger. You should add some variation to the "Solo" part, instead of the same sweep. Don't get me wrong, it still sounded good, but a little difference would be nice, to really make it sound like a solo.

Please crit my song, if you have time: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868945
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

^ say what? who mentioned BTBAM?

although now you mention it get their whole discography and empty your ipod for it as theres not a bad song amongst it
I only liked the breakdown and the solo, the rest didn't really get my attention.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
I only liked the breakdown and the solo, the rest didn't really get my attention.

looking back on the song, this is the only comment here that really makes sense to me.
I really wish this hadn't have been bumped. =/ but it's good, because maybe I can work on it and make it cool.
Quote by SGxMastodonxSG
looking back on the song, this is the only comment here that really makes sense to me.
I really wish this hadn't have been bumped. =/ but it's good, because maybe I can work on it and make it cool.

The only thing I don't like is how the riffs just seem to go all over the place. The chords played during the solo were really cool, though.
Quote by Gyroscope
The only thing I don't like is how the riffs just seem to go all over the place. The chords played during the solo were really cool, though.

I know what you mean, it's very...disjointed, doesn't really flow. Each riff just repeats a few times then goes recklessly into the next riff, and the riffs themselves just seem in their own world.
Quote by SGxMastodonxSG
I know what you mean, it's very...disjointed, doesn't really flow. Each riff just repeats a few times then goes recklessly into the next riff, and the riffs themselves just seem in their own world.

I think you should redo the rest to flow with the breakdown and the solo, and extend the solo. You would have one solid song.
Quote by Gyroscope
I think you should redo the rest to flow with the breakdown and the solo, and extend the solo. You would have one solid song.

for me, it's not really solo (hence the quotation marks in the guitarpro). it was just supposed to be a melody really (that resembled a solo). I'm not a big fan of guitar solos.

Thanks a bunch dude, you've really helped haha.
this was a fun listen

you effectively use odd time signatures

love the breakdown

also love the lead melody

love the harmonics during the post-solo riffage

hmm i really have nothing to offer crit wise, i enjoyed the song and liked the little details in it. 9.5/10