Hi all, sorry to put this in this forum but i think ive got more chance of gettin blood out of a brick than i have getting critique from the promote your band forum.

Anyway, our band has a new song up called "forever and a day". It think its the best song ive done to date so please have a listen to us and let me know what you think.

C4C. Thanks, Simon.

Link is in my sig
www.myspace.com/bluecollars

My Gear
Fender telecaster deluxe 72
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall JCM 800 100w head
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
Can't get a crit in promote your band, go to R&R, can't get one there, then tough shit. There's subsections for a reason.
You sound more like a general rock band in the vein of Oasis than an 'Indie Rock' band, and the jangly lead line sounds like U2. If it were me I'd have the vocals lower in the mix. What distortion are you using? It's too much, you need an overdrive or something. And bring everything in the mix bar drums and vocals up slightly during the lead line, it's meant to lead the song, but not leave everything else in the dust.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
when i read the title i thought "oh great, just what we need, another english indie schminde group, im sick of these!", but after listening i gotta say that was actually half decent. well done
you know what?

wrong forum.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
well its definately boring enough to be good indie. songs very generic, you are playing 90's britpop rather than stuff more 'inventive' like the artic monkeys dare i say it.

vocals slightly weak but the 2 dark haired laddies (take it that includes yourself)have the right image so that could take them far. The other lads are ugly swines!.

Oh and the band name is shiet.
Last edited by ElephantTalk at Jul 11, 2007,
Quote by ElephantTalk
well its definately boring enough to be good indie. songs very generic, you are playing 90's britpop rather than stuff more 'inventive' like the artic monkeys dare i say it.

vocals slightly weak but the 2 dark haired laddies (take it that includes yourself)have the right image so that could take them far. The other lads are ugly swines!.

Oh and the band name is shiet.
You stupid stupid arsehole.

And this isn't indie, neither are the Arctic Monkeys, it's pop-rock.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Reported for being an idiot.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
It's alright. But Danzig is better.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by rorythefaggot
Reported for being an idiot.

who have you reported?

Thanks for the comments by the way lads, good to hear constructive criticism about the recording, it is me that does it but im very new to recording so thats why it isnt too good.

Anyone else care to crit??

Thanks, Simon
www.myspace.com/bluecollars

My Gear
Fender telecaster deluxe 72
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall JCM 800 100w head
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
WRONG THREAD! get on R&R

------------------------------------------------REPORTED-------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Mate, sorry to be a ****, but this needs to go in Original R&R. If you want it to get listened to then you have to give a half decent critique on other peoples recordings and give a link to your own in the post. This is a community so unless everyone gives as well as receives then the whole place'd fall apart.

*reported for being in the wrong forum*

If you put it in Original R&R then I'll definately give it a listen and tell you what I think!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by sidge222666
who have you reported?

You.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.