Really loving this song at the moment, just me and a keyboard in this one. Kinda went for atmosphere...hope you enjoy it, really happy with how it came out. c4c of course.

Link in sig, thanks.
unfortunately i cant check it out now(at work) but i will when i get home. feel free to check out my cover in my sig. its a simple guitar cover with me singing. (dont have the best voice and its not the best quality) but good song none the less
www.myspace.com/chrishausman

If you would like to add me, send me a message to let me know your from UG!

Tool - July 16
Incubus - Aug 6

^INCREDIBLE^
Wow, nice one. The piano is perfect. The vocals are near as perfect as anyone could get to damien rice. Nice job.
Vocals = simply amazing. Really good job. I can sense the feeling and the emotion put in through the change of dynamics. I love the change of octave too. Absolutely brilliant. The higher bits were my favourite.
The piano isn't what Damien plays, and the first line does sound a little strange, but it still sounds great.

Nicely done.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
hey thanks for the comments guys, lol damn i thought i got that piano right! last time i trust a youtube video to teach me a piano part! to dmc_74 i've tried to correct the levels and re-upload, in the excitement of finally getting things finished i guess i miss out the small details lol, thanks once again!
I haven't heard this song
But damn that was good
Those backing vocals actually sound a bit odd
But that's probably the same with the original?

You can crit my bands songs if you want but no pressure

Actually one of the best covers i've ever heard
Wow, very good use of minimalistic style to create atmosphere! You're truly meant to be a vocalist, the main vocal line was perfect the entire way through. The first background vocals that were panned left sounded a bit odd... too 2-dimentional, maybe. Perhaps a little more reverb on them? Otherwise, you're really doing well.

PS - the rest of your covers are mad good. Keep it up.
Last edited by RainMustFall at Jul 11, 2007,
Quote by audiorapist
to dmc_74 i've tried to correct the levels and re-upload, in the excitement of finally getting things finished i guess i miss out the small details lol, thanks once again!

Haha, I used to do the same thing. It definately sounds a lot better now. On second listen, I'm noticing just how good your voice really is. You do connect to the music emotionally which is really hard to do on a cover. You nailed it though. Nice work, again haha.
Quote by audiorapist
hey thanks for the comments guys, lol damn i thought i got that piano right! last time i trust a youtube video to teach me a piano part!

I actually learnt the correct version through a youtube tutorial, which I can send you if you like.
The piano could have been playing 'chopsticks' and your recording still would've sounded good. =P
I really liked the Mamas and Papas cover too. Where did you get your music/tabs from?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

My Day > Yours
Quote by MayContainNuts
I actually learnt the correct version through a youtube tutorial, which I can send you if you like.
The piano could have been playing 'chopsticks' and your recording still would've sounded good. =P
I really liked the Mamas and Papas cover too. Where did you get your music/tabs from?

lol yeah would love the link when you get the chance. for california dreaming i didnt actually use any tabs, was playing around on the strat and just found the chord progression which reminded me of it, then added a few bluesy fills. would have no problem tabbing it if you wanted it. once again thanks for the crits and comments guys, c4c dont forget, just make sure you leave a link to the thread of yoru cover. cheers.
Quote by audiorapist
lol yeah would love the link when you get the chance. for california dreaming i didnt actually use any tabs, was playing around on the strat and just found the chord progression which reminded me of it, then added a few bluesy fills. would have no problem tabbing it if you wanted it. once again thanks for the crits and comments guys, c4c dont forget, just make sure you leave a link to the thread of yoru cover. cheers.

Here's the link for the tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hveHDK3DNIQ

NOTE: Make sure you read where she says the third section should be played an octave lower than in the video.

If you get the chance to tab the chords, then great, but don't worry about it.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

My Day > Yours
The recording quality is amazing, what are you using?

The singing is good, pretty strong but i feel the harmonies/backing vocals are a bit loud in the mix, The piano is almost flawless. I like the way you can hear your accent at points, it's good you don't force yourself emulate other peoples voices.

9/10

and thanks for the crit.
Too much gain = Ears in pain