hey guys, i need some opinions, i want a les paul style guitar but i dont have 2 grand to blow one a gibson, so im leaning toward an epiphone, and the two that im stuck between are the black beauty

or this awsome looking silver burst les paul custom

opinions would be greatly appreciated, im leaning toward the silver burst but that just based on looks i cant find any solid reveiw on it please help, especially if you own either one let know the pro and con of 'em, thanks
silver burst

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
The middle pickup isn't very useful, in my opinion.

Epiphone has pretty crappy quality control on its guitars, so see if you can play the specific one you are going to buy first.

If you dig the silverburst one, why not?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i personally love the black beauty, tho ive heard it can be difficult to get a good sound outta the middle pickup
Out of those I'd get the Silverburst.

You're never really going to use a middle humbucker, all it'll do really is sit there sucking sustain.

Also, Black Beauties are really getting quite common these days.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the old series of gibson silver bursts (see adam from tool) looked better, but outta those 2 i'd go the silver burst
Thise are Epi's not gibsons....however if you are not a tour guitarisrt it will do you just fine

Id go with the Silver...however if you really want a gem, Gibson put out a silver series sunburst many many years ago, i seen Gavin Rossdale of Bush use it on Saturday Night Live years ago (you tube it, I am sure its there)...anyway after looking and looking I was told the actual colour is caled Antiqua...here it wghat it looks like (note the yellowing is cause dby lead in the paint that oxidized over year, i think it make it look even cooler)
Attachments:
Silver Les Paul.jpg
Silver Les Paul 4.jpg
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
i hate the look of the silverburst, but if u like it whatever,
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
I have the Epi Black Beauty and it is a real class guitar. Yeah the middle pup is arguably irrelevant but have managed to get some nice mix sounds out of it. This guitar however cries out for some superior pups. The Alnico ones are ok and do the job but I am imagining playing my "beloved" axe with some nicer pups! (not decided yet tho - maybe some SD's.......)

Anyway either of them are totally spankworthy in the looks department IMO!!!
I'd go with the black beauty because its a higher end Epi.

Gibson wise...Silverburst all they way.

ADAM JONES!!!!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
If you want the silverburst, go for it.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
I prefer the silverburst for looks but I haven't played either guitar so just try em out n see which sounds and feels better
Guitar:Gibson Les Paul Standard

Amp:Vox AC30

Everyone listen to MGMT
I am a vintage *****. I like things that stay true to the heritage, and finishes such as silver burst don't appeal to me because last time I checked that colour wasn't available in the 50s. Or maybe there was..i dunno. But thats just me. Whatever you like....
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I am a vintage *****. I like things that stay true to the heritage, and finishes such as silver burst don't appeal to me because last time I checked that colour wasn't available in the 50s. Or maybe there was..i dunno. But thats just me. Whatever you like....

silverburst is incredibly vintage; almost as vintage as the BB.

i think that you should go for the SilverBurst because Sound>looks.
^ Don't do either because like Agile Agile Agile is liek teh Pwnz0r
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
That's tough. You should play each one and see which one has a better feel. Or get a Gibson Les Paul Studio.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
i would get a mim fender for that price..i dont really like epiphones because the hardware is kinda crappy, they feel crappy and sound crappy and the neck is kinda glossy. why are they hyped omg..
Quote by lilbish
i would get a mim fender for that price..i dont really like epiphones because the hardware is kinda crappy, they feel crappy and sound crappy and the neck is kinda glossy. why are they hyped omg..

nice bashing.

epis are mahogany, fenders are alder. epis are dark. fenders are bright. epis have thicker necks. fenders have thinner.

do you see my point?
yes i do see it. i think im a fender guy. i dont really like epi guitars, but the basses are quite astonishing.
Quote by lilbish
yes i do see it. i think im a fender guy. i dont really like epi guitars, but the basses are quite astonishing.
ok. but you didnt need to diss them.
Quote by Arlabester
ok. but you didnt need to diss them.

Not dissing but i wouldnt recommend them.
Quote by lilbish

Your opinion is like that of a baboon's. Completely and utterly useless, but amusing at the same time. You and that other guy who dissed Mesa Amps would be good friends. I called him a baboon to. dumb baboon + dumb baboon = good friends.
Be cool.
Quote by lilbish
Not dissing but i wouldnt recommend them.

"feel crappy" "sound crappy"

really.

^

although boogies arent my cup o jive, i dont hate em.
Quote by thedude051
Your opinion is like that of a baboon's. Completely and utterly useless, but amusing at the same time. You and that other guy who dissed Mesa Amps would be good friends. I called him a baboon to. dumb baboon + dumb baboon = good friends.

BE NICE!

His opinion is reasonable. I could understand someone preferring a MIM Strat over an Epiphone. Epiphone builds their guitars out of cheap woods, mostly alder with some mahogany.

The Mesa basher was just a noob who is probably a Marshall supremicist.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
BE NICE!

His opinion is reasonable. I could understand someone preferring a MIM Strat over an Epiphone. Epiphone builds their guitars out of cheap woods, mostly alder with some mahogany.

The Mesa basher was just a noob who is probably a Marshall supremicist.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from. But couldn't he just simply state 'I prefer a MIM Strat over Epiphone." Instead of going on a bashing streak?
Be cool.
themiddle pickup looks stupid on the black "beauty" and the silver burst looks cooler anyways. get w/e plays better in your opinion, but thats my opinion on looks.
Why not buy an Agile? apparently they are quality guitars that match epiphone and sometimes gibsons quality plus their LP copys can come in both silverburst and black beauty style and they're a hell of a lot cheaper.
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
silver burst ftw
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by badpun
Why not buy an Agile? apparently they are quality guitars that match epiphone and sometimes gibsons quality plus their LP copys can come in both silverburst and black beauty style and they're a hell of a lot cheaper.

Thats my future intentions.

Buy a 3100MAP Black Agile Les Paul, then repaint it with a silverburst and maybe change out the pickups to some burstbuckers and buy a Kahler trem.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
black beauty...more classy looking..
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I just got a silver burst agile 2800 and i love it, just as good if not better then the epi les paul customs and comparable to a gibson studio in playability and with a pickup change it would sound just as good.
and its not that the pickups don't sound good, they are high out put and i love them for inflames ish metal, but if your going to be playing more clean or classic stuff you might want something with alnicos