Page 1 of 2
Basically this is an envy on the coast only thread, lately i've been really listening to their ep and their new songs a lot and im really excited about their debut CD on august 7th. I just wanted to know what other people think about this band

So yeah, for those of you who don't know them
www.myspace.com/envyonthecoast

and they have their new single streaming here
http://altpress.com/media
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
They're ok.

I graduated with their guitarist/vocalist (Ryan Hunter). Im waiting for the new album though, and will probably see them at Warped.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Last edited by xArCaDiAx at Aug 6, 2007,
that's crazy. I always wonder if anyone i know (or myself) will get somewhat successful in a band, but they miss my state for warped so im out of luck there
Quote by TheCama
Haha I somewhat know them. My friend has played numerous shows with them, and I've met em a couple of times.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by xArCaDiAx
They're ok.

I graduated with their guitarist (Ryan Hunter). Im waiting for the new album though, and will probably see them at Warped.

Damn you Arcadia.

I wish I grew up around the greatest music scene ever.

About the band, they're alright, I'll have to listen to them more before I really decide.
hey so they posted their Debut Full Length on their myspace www.myspace.com/envyonthecoast

i think it sounds unbelievable. Nonstop eargasms whenever i listen to a song.
I preordered my copy
Quote by TheCama
okay, so i got my CD today and the first half of the CD was unbelievable....some of the best songs i have heard in my life, but after mirrors the CD kinda went downhill, i mean the songs got VERY calm and slow, they were good songs but i expected it too pick up in the last 2 tracks at LEAST or finish strong, but it didn't at all...instead it ended with 1 minute of nothing playing...wtf?

whatever i still love the CD like im its mama
Quote by TheCama
Last edited by Koolcow at Aug 7, 2007,
I saw them at Warped and was a bit more impressed with their new material and looks like Ryan improved on his vocals more.

Gotta listen to the CD to make my final decision.
Quote by frd_marshll
i saw them once they bored me and the singer was just a copy cat of daryl in head automatic

Aren't they from the same sort of area? The accent is the same but different styles of music. I hate the way everything has to be compared.

The album is good. It does go really slow at the end but I quite like that. The Ep is fantastic aswell!
Quote by pigmaggots
Aren't they from the same sort of area? The accent is the same but different styles of music. I hate the way everything has to be compared.

The album is good. It does go really slow at the end but I quite like that. The Ep is fantastic aswell!

Both are from Long Island.
Quote by pigmaggots
One of the envy on the coast guys has commented on it ;]

And yeah, I thought they were both from Long Island...so vocals will kinda sound similar just down to accents.

haha i know i almost fell out of my chair when i realized it was him lol
Quote by TheCama
Quote by Koolcow
haha i know i almost fell out of my chair when i realized it was him lol

you sure its him? lol
Can anyone help me out... I'm looking for the Tab for "Lapse" by Envy on the Coast. I just heard it the other day and it has become my new fav. But I can't just listen to it I have to play it. If anyone can tab it or send me in the direction to find it !

Thank you,
Jamie
Quote by g_jamie
Can anyone help me out... I'm looking for the Tab for "Lapse" by Envy on the Coast. I just heard it the other day and it has become my new fav. But I can't just listen to it I have to play it. If anyone can tab it or send me in the direction to find it !

Thank you,
Jamie

I've been waiting for new tabs to go up by them too, especially lapse. Such an awesome solo electric song. Don't see too many of those.

I wish I wasn't too lazy to just figure it out myself.
Met them last year when they were on the AP tour. They're all really cool guys.
I really love their EP, and the new cd is great.
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Oh wow, there is a thread on them

Anyways, I just saw them live last night with the Almost... it was insane. The lead singer is the coolest guy I've ever met, and he acts so weird on stage
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Envy on the coast are supporting underoath on their september UK tour, just said on UO's myspazz.
yeah, when i saw them live, the crowd just blew up when they said they could only play 5 songs... they were supposed to play 8 or something, but it got cut short because of the bands after them
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

I thought this was an Envy thread. D:

Anyways, I haven't heard of these guys. What's their sound like?
Amazing band.

Keeno (that's your name isn't it? I'm so forgetful), that Ryan dude's vocals are amazing. He's better than their lead singer. I saw them twice last month; at the TREOS farewell show and then at Bamboozle. They sounded unbelievable both times. Lucy Gray is one of the best albums of the last year or more.
ρ
i actually talked to ryan today. they're simply the best band ever.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
i think this band is good, but the singer tries way to hard to sound like glassjaw. Same with secret lives of the freemasons.
Well, they're from Long Island aswell and the singer has a similar range to Daryl, and they play not-too-dissimilar styles of music. EotC vocals are a different vibe from GJs, he's not trying to sound like Daryl.
You may have a point about Secret Lives, still a good band though.
ρ
Ooh if I could relive that night I saw them I would give anything within reason... Mirrors was so fun when played live...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

I like the guitarists, they are talented.
MY favorite songs are "Because all suffering is sweet" and "Starving your friend".
*bump*
Been listening to a LOT of EotC lately. So good. They're playing in Baltimore in April and I'm pretty excited. Anyone have any idea who they're touring with?
Quote by saxaxe
Just found out their show is with The Fall of Troy. STOKED.

I KNOW. It's gonna be sweet. I'm freaking out
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

I actually love Envy on the Coast for stuff like Temper Temper, Mirrors, Lapse, Sugar Skulls, and You wont hear this. I think it's all pretty solid stuff.
Page 1 of 2