Hey, i wasn't sure if this should go in here or tab talk, so just tell me n i will get it moved.

could someone please work out what this chord is called please?

E---------------
b-------3----------
g-------4-------
d-------5-------
a-------6------
e--------------

Thanks alot
POST FINDER
D#maj7#5
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Quote by xhandgunxheart
D#maj7#5

thats what i worked it out to be but i wasn't sure.
POST FINDER
how bout Eb augmented with the D as a passing tone.

or Gmaj/Eb

or like said above an augmented 7th, scept it would be Ebaug min7
Last edited by metal_man12 at Jul 11, 2007,
The notes are Eb G B D
Eb maj scale = Eb F G Ab Bb C D

Eb= root
G= maj 3rd
B= #5
D= Maj7

The chord is Ebmaj7+
(or D#maj7+)
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
The notes are Eb G B D
Eb maj scale = Eb F G Ab Bb C D

Eb= root
G= maj 3rd
B= #5
D= Maj7

The chord is Ebmaj7+
(or D#maj7+)

yeah good call.... Eb would probably be more common a key than D#
either way a maj7#5 chord
shred is gaudy music
Use the Name That Chord: The New Era thread that's stickied for stuff like this. Just tell them that you need help naming the chord, and they'd be more than happy to help you with something like that.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Use the Name That Chord: The New Era thread that's stickied for stuff like this. Just tell them that you need help naming the chord, and they'd be more than happy to help you with something like that.

Lol although you could also get warned for posting out of turn
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

No, you go out of the name that chord thread for this stuff. This thread is completly acceptable, but don't post asking for us to name a chord in the name that chord thread since it is a game.

EDIT: To the threadstarter: Is this chord alone or in the middle of a song? If it's a song could you tell us what chords are around it, cause that could completly change it's name.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Quote by metal_man12
how bout Eb augmented with the D as a passing tone.

or Gmaj/Eb

or like said above an augmented 7th, scept it would be Ebaug min7

You can't have a passing tone in a Chord!
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Nah people should make individual threads like this one.... posting in the GAME thread with a question is pretty annoying
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I thought the Mods were tying to cut back on threads like these? If so, then the Name That Chord thread would be best because threads like these would fall in number by a lot.

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Nah, these are fine. We actually don't get to many of them so it isn't that annoying, but yeah the NTC thread is a game and people who post asking for us to name the chord are posting against the rules and will get a warning.

Oh.
Quote by VR2005
Any question pertaining to music theory or naming chords is welcome.

I thought that meant help with naming chords Sorry 'bout that then

No prob