Ok, I found a possible mod guitar for the summer. I have the chance to pick up a Squier Affinity strat. Its either buy the Squier and mod it or save the $10 extra bucks and pick up an SX strat to mess with? I can go either way at this point I just want something to mess with. Any ideas?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I like my SX '57 strat honestly.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
I never played one. That really doesn't scare me though. My only issue is I prefer rosewood fingerboards so I will have to wait until they restock on either the Vintage white 62 or one of the Ash models with rosewood. I don't know which would be better at this point. I played a Squier Affinity before cause it was a friend of mines first guitar. It was absolutely horrid but then again that was when I was starting off also so I kinda had a warped view.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

I bought an SX '62 just for experimenting with. Refinished, replaced neck, changed to HSS pup setup just to mention a few things. It was also great practice for setting up - truss rod adjust, fret work, etc.
It was worth it for all I learned.
The Poodle Bites,
The Poodle Chews It.
C'mon Frenchie!
I can already do all of that. Thats kinda the reason I want the guitar. I love tinkering I guess and I want something to mess around with over the summer.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem