Okay, so I brought my fender stratocaster into a music store, to a guy who is said to be a freakin genius. So, He tells me that the humbucker is out of pahse with the rest of the pickups, and that it is positive and negative. But, Isn't it supposed to be like that to cancel the hum? So please help me. Thanks Baldwin
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul 58 Historic Reissue
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Big Muff Soviet Version
Fender Cybertwin 360w
Fat Strats' humbuckers don't have any effect on any of the other pickups' hum. Just their own.

Actually, ALL humbuckers are like that.

Your "genius" is really just blowing hot air, tbh.

The only Strat that has pickups that cancel each others' hum, that I'm aware of, are the mid-80s CBS STRAT model, with lots of neat frills, where the middle pickup is wound reverse to the bridge and neck and you can use two pickups at a time like one humbucker.
Quote by aleister
Fat Strats' humbuckers don't have any effect on any of the other pickups' hum. Just their own.

Actually, ALL humbuckers are like that.

Your "genius" is really just blowing hot air, tbh.

The only Strat that has pickups that cancel each others' hum, that I'm aware of, are the mid-80s CBS STRAT model, with lots of neat frills, where the middle pickup is wound reverse to the bridge and neck and you can use two pickups at a time like one humbucker.

Wrong-o. All modern Strats are now wired with RW/RP, like you mentioned. However, it's NOT A FRIGGIN' HUMBUCKER!

The mid/bridge and mid/neck positions have two pickups in parallel, as opposed to a humbucker, which has two coils in series. Big difference.

Anyhoo. Is there anything wrong with your Strat now? Is this so-called out-of-phaseness giving any weird sound?