im playing a HUGE gig on the 27th.
the problem is that i dont have an amp.
i just recently started playing bass, i've been playing guitar for about 3-4 years.
i've played gigs before but i used someone else's bass amp.
well the guy who's amp i've been using, he sold the amp.
SO! which leaves me desperatly looking for something to keep up with 2 full stacks.
im on a budget right now of about 500-ish
i was thinking of maybe just buying a Gallien Krueger brat pack just for the show since it's on 279 and i could get it mic'd up anyway.
but does anyone know anything better i could get for my budget?
like even maybe an ampeg combo?
if if the gig is as huge as you say it is, the venue will have a PA system, and take a XLR out of your amp. You only need to hear it on stage.
Ashdown MAG series. Very very good amps, and they should keep up with full stacks alright. If I can keep up with a 50 watt valve half stack and 60 watt valve combo with a 180 watt Ashdown un-miced and not even pushing it too hard, then you should be able to keep up with full stacks with a 300 watt one and if you can mic it then even better.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
yeah, i have an ashdown mag 210 and its really great sounding. its 300 watts but in order for it to be that loud i'd need to add an extension cab so you could just do that or leave the amp to get miced up.
Quote by Applehead
if if the gig is as huge as you say it is, the venue will have a PA system, and take a XLR out of your amp. You only need to hear it on stage.

yeah, they'd do that anyway.
but i dont want to look like an idiot with 2 full stacks on each side of the stage and some
little combo behind me
Quote by x8blitzkid8x
but i dont want to look like an idiot with 2 full stacks on each side of the stage and some
little combo behind me

Buy a f*cking cardboard cut out then.
Can't you just rent one for the show?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
ashdown mag series cabinets sound really good, especially for larger shows. i have a mag500 which has never failed me. ive also seen the mag300 and mag500 heads alone, then you could just get yourself a speaker cabinet.
Quote by x8blitzkid8x
little combo behind me

Oh, get over yourself... A bass stack is typically much smaller than a guitar stack, since they tend to be 810 or 410+115, so you're going to look puny beside guitar stacks anyway.

Quote by Applehead

/thread

Hell, if your stage has good monitors, you could do the Geddy (get a SansAmp, run the bass DI, and put a Maytag on the stage) and skip the amps altogether.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
if the gig is so big then am i right in asuming there are other bands as well, borrow their bass amp
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.