I am buying an RR1 soon. I am going to make it look like Steve Swanson's from Six Feet Under. I am going to paint blood on the longer fin thing. Yes. I am very 80's and a huge SFU fan. What kind of paint(s) do I need, where can I get it, and what else will I need? What would I need to do exactly? I'd have a pro do it, but by buying a USA Jackson and EMGs, im not going to have any money.

Heres what I want to do...

Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
^exactly the comment I was afraid of....can anyone just answer the question without being a smartass? I will appreciate it greatly.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
You're not going to get much help calling your repliers smart asses. You could always be hardcore and use blood. Specifically that of a newborne virgin.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
^at least that made me laugh. I actually did think of getting blood from a farm that slaughters their own pigs....
Quote by tarlkea
...or just from a butcher (from his shop, not his own blood). But really, the first reply wasn't really that far off. The question that needs to be asked is- how much work are you willing to put into it?
Hmmm, to be honest I don't find that blood on black look to be that attractive. If you're going to do the blood splatter look you might want to look into using a lighter base colour instead of black. Something that would give more contrast and make the blood look more vivid.
Quote by Kensai
Hmmm...well the RR1 that is most affordable is the black one. Ok, so I need red paint...what kind? and where do I get it, and what do I do from there.
Quote by tarlkea
You'll probably be fine with dupli-color or even dare I say Krylon...
Quote by Kensai
K, I have an idea. I don't know if this sounds stupid to you, but to me it sounds sweet.

Get the paint, whatever kind you decide on, and then put it in a plastic bag, and stab the bag with the fin thing of you're guitar. Then it'll look exactly how it would if you actually stabbed someone.

P.S. don't use blood, it will be all red and bloody for about a day, then it will dry very crusty a dark brown/red, almost black. After about a week it will start to smell worse than bittersweet **** and it will just flake off in sick gore chunks.

I tried.. I know.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
K, I have an idea. I don't know if this sounds stupid to you, but to me it sounds sweet.

Get the paint, whatever kind you decide on, and then put it in a plastic bag, and stab the bag with the fin thing of you're guitar. Then it'll look exactly how it would if you actually stabbed someone.

I think that might give it the look I want. I'd need to do it twice probably and laquer over it. Where can I get paint to do the guitar?
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King
I am buying an RR1 soon. I am going to make it look like Steve Swanson's from Six Feet Under. I am going to paint blood on the longer fin thing. Yes. I am very 80's and a huge SFU fan. What kind of paint(s) do I need, where can I get it, and what else will I need? What would I need to do exactly? I'd have a pro do it, but by buying a USA Jackson and EMGs, im not going to have any money.

Get some ideas from this thread - click here.

It's always less problematic if you stayed within the same family of paints; for example, use acrylic for the primer/sealer, colorcoat, and clearcoat.

You can buy the primer/sealer and clearcoat in spraycans ... Krylon, Duplicolor (car paint), or whatever is local to your area.

For the "blood", buy the Acrylic in a pint and use it to splatter the Red. Then clearcoat.

Of course it isn't as straightforward as I make it sound since finish prep takes time and is the most important.

If you're not sure of the step-by-step, go to the Ultimate Refinishing sticky - click here.

Good Luck!

im actually sick of these where do i get paint/what paint do i need etc etc, theres an ultimate painting/refinishing STICKY at the top of the gear building page, it has EVERYTHING you need to know.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
i say paint it white get real blood then quickly clear coat
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff