i've recently started to just hate using a pick- so i just strum with my hands and I'll play a solo with my pick- but it just feels so akward

im going to practice with it- b.c i can strum and do some single string stuff- but i want to be able to play some cool hendrix stuff with out a pick-

what can/should i do?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
you just gotta practice strumming and note picking. i also like to use my fingers when strumming but the pick just feels better for solo'ing. i tired using a finger for that hard to kind of gain speed...for me
I can't imagine any high speed runs on an ELECTRIC guitar with your fingers...
Just get used to your pick.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
well i know there's probably alot great soloists who uses their fingers
but im not talking in the traditional form of finger picking just like you using your finger as a pick kind of thing haha oh well

i'll figure something ou

i switch between a medium and a stubby (2.00mm) and if i could find my tortex i would use that
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Just use both, that's what I do. If you get good with both you have two distinct sounds to use.

Good ways to learn how to play with your fingers? Learn some Dire Straits, starting with Sultans of Swing. Because you KNOW he used his fingers so it makes it seem more obtainable.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by TwoString
Mark Knopfler and Jeff Beck

I suppose these guys do arpeggios at 30NPS?

I mean, cmon...I meant generally saying. Suppose SOMEONE had to come in and be cocky.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010