I have a Schecter C-1 FR with active Duncan Designed pickups, i'm thinking of replacing them with an EMG 81/85 setup, how difficult would this be? And would there be any soldering involved, thanx. I tried searching for a thread on this, but the search bar won't work at all.
If you get the EMG quick connect ones, I don't think there should be soldering.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Do most actives have the quickconnectors? I'm new to pickups, i was just wondering if i could simply swap the duncans for EMGs.
are your current pickups active? if not then you are going to have to rout out a cavity to hold a battery for the EMGs.

and as far as i know the quick connection is only at the pickup end, you would still have to solder the wires to the pots. i might be wrong on that one, anyone with EMGs want to clear that up?

Edit: sorry, i'm an idiot, your current pickups are active!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

99% of the time there's no need to route for the battery, it fits in the control cavity easily.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Yea my pickups are active, so should i have to solder anything or just swap the pickups?
You're gonna have to solder the pickups to the volume and tone pots. It's not that hard of a job, really, as long as you can hold something steady for a few seconds. If you can write with a pen, you can probably solder.
Thanx guys, i have soldered some things before, not anything on a guitar tho.
Last edited by a_hub10 at Jul 11, 2007,
Haven't really thought about it to be honest, my friend needs a set, but i'm not giving them to him for free.
I have no idea how much they would be worth, best offer i guess, yea i live in kentucky.
Quote by clodzilla319
with the pots and switch, I'll give ya $40.?

No, i'm keeping the pots and switch in it, and my friend offered me $60 for the pickups.