Hey there,I'm new here so I know alot of you will probably ignore this.
But if you could help I'd appreciate it alot.

See, I've never been one to know all about 'Metal' set-up's and whatnot, but I've recently started getting really into it again, but things have changed so much

So I need some help, what is the direction to look for 'Metal' guitars these days?

I own an Ibanez RG370DX, but I'm in serious need of an upgrade.

I was looking at the Schecter Hellraiser Temptest.

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck / 24.75”
BODY: Mahogany
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 22 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG Active 81/60A
ELECTRONICS: 2 Vol/2 Tone/3-Way
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/Thru-body
BINDING: Black Pearl
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Black
COLOR: Gloss Black (BLK)

US RETAIL PRICE: $949

That seems pretty good right?

Or the Temptest Blackjack.

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-neck w/ Ultra Access / 24.75”
BODY: Mahogany
NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple/Rosewood
FRETS: 22 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Black Pearl Dots
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan JB / ‘59
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol Tone (tap)/Tone (tap) 3-Wa
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/ Thru-body
BINDING: Multi-Ply
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Black Chrome
COLOR: Gloss Black (BLK)

US RETAIL PRICE: $819

Which has the JB/'59 set? How high out-put/suited for metal are they?
That body is also all Mahogony, which I like.

I was also considering going for another Ibanez, a bit higher quality one, and maybe just replacing the pickups with something Seymour Duncan or EMG. Would need to be Mahogony though preferably.

Or maybe even an ESP/LTD?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks to you all
the tempest models would be fine for metal styles...but a real metal tone is gonna come from your amp...any guitar with at least a solid body and a bridge humbucker will be suitable for metal tones....what kind of amp do you have?
ESP LTD EC-1000? if thats within the price range. i would go for LTD over Schecter everytime.
Quote by melchia
the tempest models would be fine for metal styles...but a real metal tone is gonna come from your amp...any guitar with at least a solid body and a bridge humbucker will be suitable for metal tones....what kind of amp do you have?

Triple Rect. My amp's not the problem, or I would be posting something along the lines of 'I need an amp' lol.
Nah I have a Triple rect with a Marshall 1960a cab.
I also own a Marshall DSL 50 head.

Both pretty versatile, get a great metal tone.
My guitar just lacks.
Quote by cheames
ESP LTD EC-1000? if thats within the price range. i would go for LTD over Schecter everytime.

Nah, unfortunatly it's out of my current budget
For $800 you can get an LTD EC-1000 Deluxe, they're pretty cherry guitars and come with the same EMG 81/60 set as the Hellraiser. They have a lot more guitar to 'em, which lends to sustain, but they don't have trems.

I just don't like string-thru bodys, but that's just me.

Between those two you listed, I'd go for the Blackjack. It has passive pickups, which means it's a little more versatile, plus it has coil taps
Quote by Davey90
Nah, unfortunatly it's out of my current budget

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629

The two guitars you listed are $949 and $819, and the EC-1000 is $799. It's well within your price range.
dude...if you have a triple rec....you could most likely get a metal tone out of a banjo...anyway....if you have a uber hi gain amp..and hi gain active pups...you might develop feedback problems...try passive pickups....
Quote by melchia
dude...if you have a triple rec....you could most likely get a metal tone out of a banjo

Have to back that up...I can get easy metal tones out of my Roadster using my '63 reissue strat with stock pickups.
Quote by TwoString
Have to back that up...I can get easy metal tones out of my Roadster using my '63 reissue strat with stock pickups.

Yeah, I can get a metal tone. But having a guitar suited to it helps your tone also.
I was gonna help you but then I realized you hate epiphone..... you bastard.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
I would go for the Duncan equipped EC-1000 or if it was my money, I would actually go here...

katanaguitars.com
Quote by aleister
For $800 you can get an LTD EC-1000 Deluxe, they're pretty cherry guitars and come with the same EMG 81/60 set as the Hellraiser. They have a lot more guitar to 'em, which lends to sustain, but they don't have trems.

I just don't like string-thru bodys, but that's just me.

Between those two you listed, I'd go for the Blackjack. It has passive pickups, which means it's a little more versatile, plus it has coil taps

Thats a bold statement and the hellraiser comes with 81/85 emg but I would recomend that c-1 custom with the jazz/jb combo and the sustain will be better than the LTD plus coil taps. GC will sell you a c-1 custom for 539.00 USD
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X