Hey guys, I'm planning on finding the Saint Graal, well, not litterally ... I want to find THAT guitar that would help me pass those bluesy period while still being able to express my shred addiction . You know, a guit that woulnd't look like a granny axe or like a soloist who just exploded, and that could bring on serious versatility. Thought about the big two, strat and LP, could use like a fat strat or something or use high output pups, and could just fit a high output humbuck (a real metal pups, kinda like a 85 or Lx500 )in the LP with a more bluesy one in the neck position Or should I just look further than my litle nose and look at some different axes? I don't want no Ibanez, Btw, hate the necks ... I'm not a big fan of Gibson or Fender, but I guess those are my best bet? thanks!!
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
The SG straddles the line between metal and blues perfectly.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
A Les Paul of some sort with an EMG bridge pick up would probably be good. You could use the neck pickup for bluesy stuff and the bridge for metal/rock/shred. Paul Reed Smiths are also very versatile although I've only played one of the cheap ones.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by DayD
I don't want no Ibanez, Btw, hate the necks ... I'm not a big fan of Gibson or Fender, but I guess those are my best bet? thanks!!

I'm guessing that you want a guitar with a thick neck...Try a Kramer or even a Carvin custom, or the obvious...a Strat.
sechecter...
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Well, Not taht I want a thick neck, I just hate the Ibanez's neck specifically. And like I said, I want a rather classic look, so no warlock please My price range is anything from 1 buck to 1500$ CAN. Thanks again!
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
Look up some schecters. Mine does absolutely anything, it really is quite perfect. It has a Duncan Jazz pickup in the neck that is amazing for cleans and blues and a JB in the bridge which is ok for about everything, but I'm about to switch it out for an invader or something more high gain. The C-1 series are all great guitars for the price. Also the neck is not too slim like an ibanez but not too fat either, it's perfect. I highly recommend.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Check out Godin...very versatile guitars, especially with the piezo bridge. Same goes for Parker Fly guitars, although they may be a little extreme in the looks department. They are the Lambos of guitars though...it's like playing air.
Depending on how much $1500 CAN translates into US $, is it possible that you could get two reasonably priced guitars, one being for the bluesy tone you want and the other for the high gain you want?
If money is no issue, look into Suhr or Tom Anderson.
If you're not minted... just go for a Strat. You can't get any more versatile than that.
Which Ibanez did you try? They don't all have exactly the same neck... The RG Prestige Wizard necks are fantastic...
Which Ibanez did you try? They don't all have exactly the same neck... The RG Prestige Wizard necks are fantastic...

Pity about the neck thing, an RG or S prestige would have been perfect otherwise. There's always the SZ series...not quite as versatile but slightly thicker necks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by DayD
I don't want no Ibanez, Btw, hate the necks ... I'm not a big fan of Gibson or Fender, but I guess those are my best bet? thanks!!

u said u didn't like any of the decent companies. except PRS, Schector, and other small companies. but Fender or Gibson would be my choice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
u said u didn't like any of the decent companies. except PRS, Schector, and other small companies. but Fender or Gibson would be my choice.

My Schecter C-1 Classic SMOKES my friends Standard SG and every strat I've played. Schecter>Gibson>Fender.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
allright, and what about Parker guitars, they seem pretty versatile too. Though I don't really know if they can keep up to an aggressive metal? Obviously, for my shred it's a tool of choice, but I don't think it could handle some cannibal corpse (an extreme), am I right?
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
Quote by DayD
allright, and what about Parker guitars, they seem pretty versatile too. Though I don't really know if they can keep up to an aggressive metal? Obviously, for my shred it's a tool of choice, but I don't think it could handle some cannibal corpse (an extreme), am I right?

The only thing that would limit you would be your amp.
In your price range I like the Schecter C-1. I played one at a guitar store and I was impressed. Also the PRS SE. I have not played the Godin. Gibson SG's would work if you have the cash. It is definitely both shred and blues. I have a Gibson SG Standard and rock and blues are my genres. Also love my Ibanez AS73 (think 335.) Try one.
Last edited by uldhppi at Jul 12, 2007,
Ive been looking for a guitar like that as well. So far the one that has caught my attention the most, and offers great versatility is the ibanez AWD83T. im not a big ibanez fan, but this one plays realy nice, ive been really considering picking it up. Check it out
http://www.ibanez.com/hollow/guitar.aspx?m=AWD83T