Hi, i'm thinking to buy a cheap acoustic guitar just to play around at home or when i don't have my electric around. I'm not looking for a good/decent tone but a decent playability, it doesn't matter if it needs to setup. The problem is that i'm from Venezuela and buying a guitar here is freaking expensive, so i planning to place and order from music123 but can't cost more than 99.99$ if i don't want to pay taxes (which i don't), besides the shipping will cost me another 100$ more. I narrowed my search to this one:

http://www.music123.com/Jasmine-by-Takamine-S34C-NEX-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar-516458-i1148992.Music123

And it will cost me 90$ cause i send a price match request which they approved.

Whatever comments about the brand or the guitar itself will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
i have the non cutaway model of that guitar and i love it. i have gad it for yeras and the neck hasn't bowed the slightest bit or anything. i have lowered the action on it a little bit by sanding down the bridge piece but the way it came was fine. my guitar has a deep sound to it and it is pretty loud too.

Personally, i would buy another guitar like it and actually i have a friend getting ready to order the same guitar as you.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Thanks for the reply. I will go for it.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
I have one, and I love it.
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
I've never accually played it, but I have heard numerous good things about it.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
have one sitting in front of my hand, and i love it!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
I made the mistake of buying a guitar with a laminate top as a first guitar and regretted it after about a month. I would never recommend anyone to buy a guitar with a laminate top EVER, especially if you already play.
But i guess it fits your conditions and you wont be able to find a very good guitar for the price you are looking at. Seriously though, if you spend an extra $100 USD and get a Yamaha FG700S then your getting a guitar thats about 5 times better (has a solid top) for only double to price.
I've never played a Jasimine, but I play a Takamine FP 592 thats a good 20 years old and it still sounds beautiful. They're great guitars.
holler.
i mean if you just want one to kick around and mess with then get one, but if you want one that is gonna sound nice and then maybe not a $100 guitar, you get what you pay for right, and i have a takamine and its incredible i must say.
^Thanks for the reply, but i bought the guitar almost like a month and half ago. However, i'm pretty satisfied with the guitar as my first acoustic, even the factory strings were brand new (and still using it). The action is decent (a little higher than my electric but that's normal with acoustic), haven't go out of tune since the first day and very good intonation.

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
Quote by johnos
I made the mistake of buying a guitar with a laminate top as a first guitar and regretted it after about a month. I would never recommend anyone to buy a guitar with a laminate top EVER, especially if you already play.
But i guess it fits your conditions and you wont be able to find a very good guitar for the price you are looking at. Seriously though, if you spend an extra $100 USD and get a Yamaha FG700S then your getting a guitar thats about 5 times better (has a solid top) for only double to price.

Curious, What exactly did you buy? I really like my V-wing. Although my next acoustic will probably be a solid cedar top I have no regrets with The V-wing.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
It is a Legend D20.

And the sound has no warmth, and while its not a bad guitar to play on, its not a great guitar for playability by any means. But its primarily the sound that gets me. I mean I am by no means a huge snob when it comes to sound, i have never gotten into fully analysing sound but I know what sounds good and what doesnt, and all laminate tops i have played just sound cold and sterile, and most seem to have a muddier low end than the ideal, especially once the strings are over 2 weeks old the low end will usually get very bad, if i havent changed strings in a while i usually avoid playing the 6th string when i strum chords just because I cant deal with the complete lack of definition in the low end.

Except in one case where a solid top only sounded marginally better than a laminate top, solid tops have all just sounded so much warmer to my ears, and the sound doesnt suffer as much with older strings.

So basically, from experience, i don't see the point in most cases of buying a laminate top guitar when for not a whole lot you can get a decent solid top (Yamaha FG700S anyone??). Especially if your in the states where guitars are so cheap, the difference between a laminate and a cheaper solid top isnt huge.
That's unfortunate. I love the bright sound of the Dean. It's even better when played along side a Martin or a Taylor with a deeper tone. They compliment each other very well. I enjoy playing along with someone else though over just myself so maybe that makes a bit of difference.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD