i am in serious **** right now, my computer got hacked by some guy in argentina, or so the security system says. i need some advice on what to do, thx
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
Lmao. Define hacked. Whats happening. probbaly a trojan. whats your anti virus and spyware
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
dude, just delete your system 3... (remembers what happened to scourge). umm, download dot com, get some anti virus or sumthing.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
did it actually get hacked, or did your firewall just say someone tried to access it? theres a nice difference
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
dude, just delete your system 3... (remembers what happened to scourge). umm, download dot com, get some anti virus or sumthing.

So that's what happened to scourge?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
/\ lol. I hope primusfan doesn't get mad at me for ALMOST saying the greatest n00b PC prank ever.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
dude reinstal youre O.S. thats the cheap way out of it, copy important files and programs and whipe youre hard drive and reinstal youre os, youre probally using an out of date system or spyware program. but then agian i cant say **** cuz i run 98 and yeah look down...
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Quote by IndieMetalhead
did it actually get hacked, or did your firewall just say someone tried to access it? theres a nice difference

exactly, i'm going to guess it's the latter.

the bbc did an experiment a while back where they left a computer connected to the internet for 24 hours and recorded the number of attempts that were made to access it. the number was somewhere around 1,500.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Attempts and actual access are different things. heck, a ping is classed as an attempt simply because it invokes a response from the other PC which proves it is there.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Attempts and actual access are different things. heck, a ping is classed as an attempt simply because it invokes a response from the other PC which proves it is there.

well you learn something new everyday
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

It's not system 3 guys...it's system 32.

But yeah, don't delete it. Bad move.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Quote by irongoat666
exactly, i'm going to guess it's the latter.

the bbc did an experiment a while back where they left a computer connected to the internet for 24 hours and recorded the number of attempts that were made to access it. the number was somewhere around 1,500.

I remember that, they set up a honeypot trap, and noted all the access attempts that were made.

I think the stats are currently that if you connect an unsecured computer to the internet, then within 15 minutes an unauthorised access attempt will be made.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
I remember that, they set up a honeypot trap, and noted all the access attempts that were made.

Part of my job is to analyze honeypot data. We have a fairly large honeynet and pull in a lot of traffic. Its fun (for a little while at least :p )

As for the threadstarter, you need to be a little bit clearer on what exactly happened.
Get a Mac and put it behind a good firewall.

Done.

Easy!

Windows sucks camel ass.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Quote by LordSephiroth
That is not helpful.

Yes it is. I ditched Winblows 8 years ago, never looked back. No problems ever since.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
ok i got it fixed. i downloaded this software that scans the computer for anything out of order, and unplugged the internet cable. i think ist working right now. sorry for being a loser, but im not really a computer guy shoot me if u want)
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Scourge helped the person. He just did so off UG and kept up a charade in the forums for a ****s and giggles.
Get a Mac and put it behind a good firewall. QUOTE]

i despise macs. i don't think they are worth pissing on if they catch fire
Quote by tommy2tone
Yes it is. I ditched Winblows 8 years ago, never looked back. No problems ever since.

The first day I used a Mac in years it crashed twice.

Although Macs are safer from viruses simply because most hackers don't program for Mac because they have a much smaller user base. By that logic he should just switch to Linux.
Quote by XMetallica73X
I hate racists, but seriously Koreans/Chinese are ****ed up.

Quote by IbanezPlayer27

THOSE FUCKING MEXICANS?!@#! I HATE EM!!

I'm not racist