Link

I don't remember the exact details but in order for someone to actually be able to fly by helium balloons, they would need numerous warehouse-sized balloons for it to work. If anyone has a link to that Mythbusters episode, feel free to add it.
*This Space For Rent*
Yeah... pretty sure that picture isnt photoshopped.. and it was documented by a credible news source.. so obviously the MythBusters were wrong.
Quote by nnizzle
Yeah... pretty sure that picture isnt photoshopped.. and it was documented by a credible news source.. so obviously the MythBusters were wrong.

LOL @ fox news being a credible news source.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by nnizzle

ehh...... fox?
remember that election a few years ago?
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by nnizzle

The day foxnews becomes a credible news source is the day i will beat my self to death with my own shoes.

good day sir!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Whatley2212
I don't see why everyone hates Fox, I don't see any ones that are more credible.

Having seen fox news, i can name a few.

Sky
BBC
CNN
and probably any local news station in the US.

The problem with fox is, while all media stations have their slight bias, fox takes it way to far to the right. It generally becomes more about the opinion than the fact.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Quote by MattIgoe0108

Sky
BBC
CNN

The problem with fox is, while all media stations have their slight bias, fox takes it way to far to the right. It generally becomes more about the opinion than the fact.

No...CNN? EXTREME Liberal bias.
Sky and BBC, those are British right? So I can't comment on those.
And you can't really compare local new stations to national, they're completely different.
Quote by MattIgoe0108

Sky
BBC
CNN

You're either ignorant, hypocritical, or a butt. People only love to call Fox biased because they're to biased to the right. If you think Fox is so biased, you might be surprised to realize they're actually somewhat moderate.

CNN isn't really so bad, although it's certainly biased to the left. All the other stations are generally liberal hate channels. BBC? Come on. There probably isn't a conservative/moderate news station or newspaper in all of the U.K. If one sprung up, they'd make it illegal for "spreading hate" or some such.

Y'all can laugh and point, and think I'm crazy, but I have nothing to prove. I don't love Fox news, but to say that they're any worse than the liberal channels is to lie to yourself. Is it okay for liberals to be biased in their reporting, and not for conservatives? Really now, that isn't fair. The media is yours anyways, the only people who watch Fox news are people who are sick of the liberal stuff anyways, so you shouldn't complain.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you
Quote by rosswigley89

There probably isn't a conservative/moderate news station or newspaper in all of the U.K. If one sprung up, they'd make it illegal for "spreading hate" or some such.

So you call me ignorant or hypocritical, and then come out with that? Until that sentence i actually took you seriously.

Seriously, pick up any tabloid these days in the UK, they're pretty much all conservative. Do a bit of research first ffs.

And, like you, i don't care what you make of my opinions. In my eyes, fox news deserves all the scorn and ridicule it gets.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Last edited by MattIgoe0108 at Jul 11, 2007,
Notive how big the baloons are compared to his chair. The mythbusters were using standard party balloons
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
what the hell is with all these fox news threads,sure i dont like em either,but you guys obviously care enought about them to make a whole disscussion about it
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Fox are right this time, the Mythbusters aren't. Fact.

As for the article, I've seen it before but the line "Walters had surprised an airline pilot, who radioed the control tower that he had just passed a guy in a lawn chair" makes me crack up every time.
stations tend to appear to have a liberal bias because the current administration keeps screwing up and it gets covered.

although nobody should get news entirely from one network

and fox is by far the worst news station

but i wish fox news threads would stop showing up

Jack my swag
Quote by MattIgoe0108
So you call me ignorant or hypocritical, and then come out with that? Until that sentence i actually took you seriously.

Seriously, pick up any tabloid these days in the UK, they're pretty much all conservative. Do a bit of research first ffs.

And, like you, i don't care what you make of my opinions. In my eyes, fox news deserves all the scorn and ridicule it gets.

Yeah, I concede your point. I was exaggerated, and, indeed, I'm ignorant of that. I know y'all have some pretty far-right folk, like the BNP. But from what I've read, they're a national embarassment and the U.K. seems to be the most socially liberal nation on Earth today. Again, I don't really mean that! Sweden is.

My point stands. You've gotta admit that the U.K. is steeped in leftism. I don't think anything about the way that society stands is far to conservatives. The crazy thing is that American Democrats would be conservative in the U.K. That's unbelievable.

Anyways, the media, despite a bias, is always looking out for ratings, first and foremost. That's why they shat all over Clinton when that Jew polished his knob. It was news, and it gave them ratings. I bet they LOVED 9/11... which is distasteful.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you
The Mythbusters are wrong, as they are with a lot of things. They aren't experts in every field, they are only special effects experts.
Quote by Whatley2212
I don't see why everyone hates Fox, I don't see any ones that are more credible.

i would trust any news channel over Fox News anyday!

Jsut purely for the fact that is pretty much state run television as conservative relatives of GWB own and run it.

Remember the Bush vs. gore thing.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by MattIgoe0108

Sky
BBC
CNN

You know, Sky is simply the British branch of Fox News.

And its true, all stations are biased, Fox is just to the right unlike all the others. CNN, NBC, ABC, BBC, they all slant left (although CNN is the most moderate of the four). Fox isn't any more biased then the rest of them, its just that liberals disagree with Fox's bias and start threads like these to criticize them.

Maybe I should start threads like these when I find innacurrate NBC stories. Anyone remember Dan Rather's Bush Military memos from a couple years ago?
Fox News is the only news station that respects conservative Views, It may be bias. But you see MSNBC, PBS, CNN, and countless other liberal stations taking a **** on the Conservative views. I watched MSNBC talk about '08 Elections, they don't mention one Republican candidate and they just talk about how good all the Democratic Candidates EVEN Kucinich(If you like this guy, I have to question your intelligence)

So Fox News may suck but there isn't any other stations Conservatives can watch w/o their views being shat on.
Quote by flyingmarlin
i would trust any news channel over Fox News anyday!

Jsut purely for the fact that is pretty much state run television as conservative relatives of GWB own and run it.

Remember the Bush vs. gore thing.

What are you talking about?
Wasn't the Mythbusters thing floating in mid air, or walking on helium balloons, not getting airborne, and flying?
I refuse to ever watch mythbusters again, who knows what else they failed at?
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
I refuse to ever watch mythbusters again, who knows what else they failed at?

A lot of stuff.

My brother is an engineer, whenever a myth related to his field of engineering comes up he points out every mistake the mythbusters make and things they are wrong about.
ALL cable news shows are bull****. They are out for shock value and ratings. If you want REAL news you just gotta watch PBS or the network news shows, they're not bad.
Do not concentrate on the finger for you will miss all the heavenly glory.
I'd be worried about falling out of that chair..
Originally posted by bassist90

Thank you Assassin_Itachi, you truly are a great man
yea... they actually did it on mythbusters, with a few big balloons. they had to tie adam down, and he went up pretty quick.
Quote by Logic Smogic
Basically, Mythbusters is the greatest show ever.

Who dat?
If you look in the picture though, those are not like balloon-balloons, those are huge balloons.

So FOX news was right you left wing, commie bastard, dogs.

And personally I perfer that show Brainiac. I find that the English Accents, random segements and the lower budget to make the show more entertaining.
how were the mythbusters wrong on this one? didnt they have adam in a chair floating?
Quote by metal_til_im_60
Link

I don't remember the exact details but in order for someone to actually be able to fly by helium balloons, they would need numerous warehouse-sized balloons for it to work. If anyone has a link to that Mythbusters episode, feel free to add it.

What an utterly pathetic attempt to debase Fox News.
Heh, I love people.

Fox is no more biased than other news stations. They're all biased. Get off your bull**** high horse...just because you agree with what one side reports doesn't mean it's not biased.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Fox News refers to their on-the-ground reporting and news breaks "at the top of the hour" as being Fair and Balanced. Not a hard concept to grasp. Unless those who head these attack sites wish to twist the message for their readers. Which may be the case.