I have a epi les paul standard and it has four knobs and a 3 wat switch with a middle a rythm and a treble. What do they do? please tell me in the form of

top right knob----

bottom right knob------

top left knob--------

bottom left knob-------

top right knob---- volume for neck pickup

bottom right knob------ tone for neck pickup

top left knob-------- volume for bridge pickup

bottom left knob------- tone for bridge pickup

edit - neck pickup = treble
bridge pickup = rythm
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
edit - whoops lol
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
i have the same guitar, high five.

also, a question: are there good uses for the knobs other than tweaking your tone a bit? i usually leave all mine on 10 and i feel like i should be using them for something.
Quote by trunkmunkey
i have the same guitar, high five.

also, a question: are there good uses for the knobs other than tweaking your tone a bit? i usually leave all mine on 10 and i feel like i should be using them for something.

Well, I enjoy messing with the tone knobs while playing clean solos, lower them a bit at bendy parts, raise it up for sharper parts, you know the drill. And lowering the volume, I particularly like lowering the bridge pickup's volume while playing with gain to cut down on sustain for some stuttering riffs. It's really fun, experimenting is the key
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Wow, that did sound really stupid.

The two knobs closest to the neck are volume knobs. The top one for the rhythm pickup, bottom for the treble pickup. The knobs to the side of those are tone knobs. They control how much bass/mid -> treble your output is going to be.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio