Do any of you bassists out there know where I can find some bass songs or exercises in standard notation? I'm going to try out for Jazz Band in my school next year so I'm practicing in standard. Any help would be appreciated y'know.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
As far as I know look for Cello scores because they are both in bass clef. You could learn some classical (i forgot this awesome website like wikipedia, but for free sheet music).
Yeah, most classical music is in public domain. Check out the slightly less legal (unless you buy it) jazz real books, for bass clef, if you're going into jazz band. While it won't have walking lines, it will help your sight reading skills by reading through different melodies and chord changes.
Guitar Pro tabs use standard notation.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
Guitar Pro tabs use standard notation.

+1
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Cello books always work great and I also read from a trombone solo book, but that has a lot more high register stuff (I play 6 string so it works out perfectly). The cello books usually go down the a low C (lowest open note on the cello) so you usually need a 5 string bass.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
www.imslp.org for classical sheets.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by FbSa
^That's a pretty cool site. I just checked it out, although all the files are huge.

Classical pieces aren't short and normally have a lot of instruments, so normally 4 bars per page.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.