I don't want to sound like an idiot but I'm trying to learn Falling Off The Edge of the World by Black Sabbath and It says to tune down half a step to D#. Wouldn't half a step be Eb. And on my tuner it doesn't go to D# just D then C#. So what is right then?
Thanks
D# and Eb are really the same note. Technically they're different, just enharmonic, but their pitch is the same. That seems very weird that a tuner would support tuning a full step down but not a half...
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
D# and Eb are really the same note. Technically they're different, just enharmonic, but their pitch is the same. That seems very weird that a tuner would support tuning a full step down but not a half...
No, Db and E# are.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
Quote by usuckhugeonez
No, Db and E# are.

Uh, what the hell are you talking about dude? E# is the same as F and Db is the same as C#. Db and E# are nothing alike. Do you even know what enharmonic means? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enharmonic

Know wtf you're talking about before you make posts.
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Well if you're tuner doesn't do Eb/D# or have a flat button that you can press once, you're outta luck.
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
just do standard tuning, and then tune the 6th fret of your low E to the A string, etc etc
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
I find the easiest way to tune down half a step is just to fret the 1st fret and tune to standard.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
^ Exactly. If you have a tuner, barre the first frets and tune to standard.
Been away, am back