Poll: How do feel about this situation?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do feel about this situation?
Strongly Agree
3 50%
Agree
2 33%
Nuetral
0 0%
Disagree
1 17%
Strongly Disagree
0 0%
Voters: 6.
This thread is about how bands back then (the who, acdc, led zep, etc.) were so original, so unique no two songs of the same band sounded different. Nowadays, all the bands are that stupid screaming and badly mixed music. All of todays songs sound the same (with exception to Arcade Fire) and all have the same message. Life sucks, I hate my parents, f**k everything, everyone hates me, etc. Whatever happened to rock. Nobody knows how to make it anymore. Back then everyone was so original. For example, The Who's "Borris the Spider" everyone relates to finding a spider in their room and killing with a book. Or "It's Hard" yeah everyone can do it but few do it good. Hotel california about the problem of drugs in the 60's and 70's, Jeffersona Airplane's "White Rabbit", you let kids watch Alice in Wonderland and wonder why they have problems? David Bowie's "Space Oddity", Sir Elton John's "Rocket Man", all honoring the space program in it's golden age (60's and 70's). David Bowie was right when he sang "Golden Years". Run from the shadows. The shadows meaning the new rock of the mid-80's 'till now.

Kids today, like myself, find these songs interesting, yet have few ways of relating to it as their parents, who grew up with these bands, who knew them as Eagles, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Chicago, and countless others on LP'[s, not some jacked-up I-pod.

Everyone to their own I guess.

Anyway enough bashing, everyone post your own opinions. Thank you for your time.
You're not the only one who feels this way, and threads like this in here are a dime a dozen, overbearing, and quite the eyesore.

Edit -- *reported* means I've brought this thread to the attention of the moderators who will deal with it (close/delete/merge, etc.) in the appropriate manner.
I'm not kicked out of UG or anything am I? this site is great, I post all the time, read lessons, read reviews, submit reviews, learn tab, etc. It would be sad to be denied access to such a great resource, as a hobbyist and a wanna-be musician.

Yet, I accept the consequences of my actions.

Honor, Courage, Commitment.

3 words ROTC taught me to live by.
Quote by neptune1988
I'm not kicked out of UG or anything am I? this site is great, I post all the time, read lessons, read reviews, submit reviews, learn tab, etc. It would be sad to be denied access to such a great resource, as a hobbyist and a wanna-be musician.

Yet, I accept the consequences of my actions.

Honor, Courage, Commitment.

3 words ROTC taught me to live by.

No you're not kicked out of UG, you're thread will just be closed. Now stop posting in this thread if oyu have any questions, PM me.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
You're not banned if that's what you mean. And even if you were, that only denies you access to the forums. You can get IP banned and still access tabs, lessons, videos, articles, etc.

Mind you some people (like me) come here exclusively for the forums.
Quote by neptune1988
This thread is about how bands back then (the who, acdc, led zep, etc.) were so original, so unique no two songs of the same band sounded different.
well you worded that incorrectly, but I'm laughing at what you were trying to say

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.