i was just wondering what gage string would be best for lower tunings on a standard les paul (24-3/4" scale). The main tuning that i would be useing would be 2 whole steps downs (C F Bb Eb G C). Its not my main guitar so i dont need strings that would be playable in standard tunnig.

ps i use 9s now i would like something with simiar tention when tuned down 2 steps
C Standard? .11s will work. I have my SG strung with .11s, it can handle E Standard a little roughly and go down to C Standard, even a little drop B action, in a pinch, and not feel like shoestrings in a breeze or anything.
im guessing you appreciate the low-end then. id reccomend the 11-52(or is it 54?) not the 11-48 in that case. the treble side is the same but wound strings are significantly thicker. i use 11-48 on my epi LP and they sound great, very playable
i'm using 11-50 dr tite fit on my agile lp and i tune 2 step down too. in flames, arch enemy?
but i heard 11-60 custom is even better. and i do feel that the C, F tension is a lil weird. so next time i'm gonna try 11-60
Quote by ZombieModeRocks
i'm using 11-50 dr tite fit on my agile lp and i tune 2 step down too. in flames, arch enemy?
but i heard 11-60 custom is even better. and i do feel that the C, F tension is a lil weird. so next time i'm gonna try 11-60

Same strings exactly on my Epi. I was on the fence between Ernie Balls and DRs, and the guy at the counter said he prefers Tite Fits... so here I am.