Page 1 of 2
this year I found out I had this disorder and it really sucks! Like I have a great girlfriend who supports me yet when B-P disorder kicks in I think about breaking up with her because she is doing stuff behind my banck (Which she actually isnt like). it just sucks ass, and not just that, suicide comes in (Not massively but still).

Anyone else have this?
i do,
I broke up with my girlfriend cause of it, then we got back together then she broke up withme cause I kept thinking stuff like that at she got mad... haha
the suicide thing used to be worse, i just cut my self alot...not to sound emo.

um, some advice i can give is try your best not to do drugs, or drink too excessively thats when it acts up for me.
dude just blame it on the diease and take vigra and screw your girl like never before she wont cheat on i promise \../ rock on good luck
i dont have it but feel bad for you guys.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Do they give you meds or do they just not work?

And that sucks dude, I have to say though I'm glad I don't have it. It sounds pretty rough.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
What are the symptoms?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I didn't even know what it was until not long ago, and I found out I have it. Can get pretty bad, but I never say anything to anyone because they just call me an emo.

I really, really hate this stupid fad.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
i've heard bi-polar disorder is nasty, too...my sympathies and best wishes. i know people who struggle with it.

and yeah, the emo **** is exhausting. mental illness is not "just being emo", and being emo is not inherent to having a mental illness. i have close relatives and friends who struggle with depression and the like, and saying you're emo is saying that it's under your direct control. which it obviously isn't.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
i hav major depressive disorder or clinical depression n im on prozac but just got it reduced so im gettin good!
ppl in my old skool used to call me emo cuz i was depressed alot ppl can b dikheads relly
n i went to a mental hospital 2 times wasnt to bad
n used to cut myself but stopped since like 3 months ago
advice is do weed it makes me feel 10000 times better all the time
i love you marajuana
I heard that bi-polar sufferers, as well as depression, also get incredible highs of euphoria. Do any of you get that?
EDIT. Infact, isn't that what bi-polar means...'from one extreme to the other'?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 12, 2007,
Well bi-polar is just a new buzzword, just like dyslexia was, the real people who have the disorder just get caught up in the horrible wave of people (who may genuinely believe they have it, may even display a few symptoms, but have just been poorly diagnosed) and get left behind.

My mother has bi-polar, but in reality she doesn't, she is an alcoholic who instead of being told she is an alcoholic has been told she drinks because she has bi-polar, which isn't the case.

If you do actually have it (Im not sure which one of the many, many forms of bi-polar you have, neither are you most probably) there are alot of things you can do, the most simple of which is regular exercise, you may not want to take medication but if you do there are things which help even out mood levels (depekote), but you can control it with medication (you probably have been told all this by your doctor).

It really is a nothingness of an issue though.
I've got Cyclothymia. It's like Bi-polar, just less extreme and more frequent. I've had it about 5 years though so it's not as much of a hassle anymore. My girlfriend and friends are awesome about it though.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I've got Cyclothymia. It's like Bi-polar, just less extreme and more frequent. I've had it about 5 years though so it's not as much of a hassle anymore. My girlfriend and friends are awesome about it though.

Dude, your avvy looks like goatse.
Quote by nevermindaboutm
I've got it, I keep messing up any chances with girls because of it. I don't like taking meds though.

You have a very faint idea of of what bi-polar disorder is if you think that it has a large effect on relationships.
Yeah. I have it. And whilst your on the topic of relationships: I allowed it to get the better of me, by not taking my meds etc, and thus it killed my relationship with my girlfriend. It runs in the family, my grans got bipolar disorder too and so does her brother. I have borderline personality disorder to make things worse :P
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
Last edited by The Undead at Jul 12, 2007,
242 thread views and 6 people have it, seems like only 1 of the sufferers actually knows what it is.

Buzzword buzzword buzzword etc.
My girlfriend has bi-polar. It's not so bad, I just know that when she's on the downer, it's best to just ride it out.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Yeah, Brian Fair has it. He snapped at me right after we took this picture together. I don't know what his problem was.

Quote by fronkpies
You have a very faint idea of of what bi-polar disorder is if you think that it has a large effect on relationships.

*Sigh*

It has a very large effect and it comes out in various ways. Obviously, its not the main reason in relationships but it causes a lot of arguments because of it.
Quote by nevermindaboutm
*Sigh*

It has a very large effect and it comes out in various ways. Obviously, its not the main reason in relationships but it causes a lot of arguments because of it.

*Sigh*

Ive probably read more books on bi-polar than you've ever read in your life, its a subject I care very passionately about, losing a member of my family to it when it was still a fairly unknown thing, still being called "manic depressive" or "manic depression" and myself being what I think was wrongly diagnosed with it a few years ago.

So sorry if I seem condescending, but I am
Quote by fronkpies
*Sigh*

Ive probably read more books on bi-polar than you've ever read in your life, its a subject I care very passionately about, losing a member of my family to it when it was still a fairly unknown thing, still being called "manic depressive" or "manic depression" and myself being what I think was wrongly diagnosed with it a few years ago.

I think I'm wrongly diagnosed to be honest but whatever. I lost 2 family members quite close last year, and after saying a bunch of medical jargon I'm bi polar. I think I just suffer from depression and stress but doctors know best
Quote by Beebo
Yeah, Brian Fair has it. He snapped at me right after we took this picture together. I don't know what his problem was.

This is like the third time I've seen this picture now
I have bi-polar, and I can honestly say that it has changed my life.

I am a compulsive cutter, and have been for two years. My mood changes constantly, I always get depressed at the littlest things and always get happy at the littlest things too. Example, I could get really down about getting 1% below average for a test, and then be insanely happy for having I dunno, steak for dinner. I have been diagnosed by two people and have tried medication, it made the mood swings less frequent but they were bigger changes and didn't help in the long run. I also contemplate suicide frequently, but I don't wish to end my life.

I also suffer from OCD. I count everything I do, pretty much everything I count has something to do with the number three, including how I cut my food, steps I take, how many knuckles I crack, everything. I always add numbers together in weird ways to get the number three or nine, its annoying for everyone else but I'm used to it.

I am also a Satanist. It doesn't mean I worship Satan, but it's just the name used to represent the opposite of the church. There is more information on the internet, if you look it up, make sure Anton LaVey is mentioned as the founder, because if he isn't then it's not the real thing.

I am bi-sexual. And surprisingly, there are a lot of people I know who now find it awkward to be around me, which I think is disgusting.

I have lost a lot of friends because of mental "illness", religion and sexuality.

I can only hope that people with Bi-Polar can find suitable help
Quote by fronkpies
*Sigh*

*Sigh*

Don't mind the double post please.

Bi-polar DOES affect relationships, and in a very big way (speaking from personal experience). I have ended two relationships because of it, and have heated discussions with my current girlfriend concerning it.

Kate seems to think that when I am in a down mood, she thinks that she is not making me happy enough, which is completely wrong. The others ended because of the same reason.

I know I can't change what she thinks, but I can understand where she is coming from. When you're in love with someone and you give them everything you can and they're feeling down, you're going to think that there is something you're doing wrong.

She knows I have bi-polar and she knew before we started going out, but it doesn't mean it doesn't affect our relationship.
So about 90% of the population are bi-polar, great.

Yay for wikipedia.

In reality, I doubt many of you have been diagnosed, probably just saw something on a tv show or maybe read a little bit and can see the symptoms in yourself, I dont mean to be an ass ( well I do) but everyone gets sad once In a while, and we have a society built on quick fixes and immediate answers, so doctors are under pressure to give us this, so we get meds, which ironically are quick at fixing diddly sqaut .
Quote by Tallman
Dude, your avvy looks like goatse.

hey yeah it does!!

...doesn't.....it.....

*shudders*
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I've got it too dude, and it's hard. I take meds for major depression instead of BP, which isn't the smartest thing in the world (thank you doc). My girlfriend broke up with me because of it, then I broke up with her. She said she understood I've got it and wants to help me, but of course she's immature and often just freaked at me to the point that I left her.

Best of luck to you mate.
Get off my lawn.
Yeah, my ex of only about 3 weeks has it. It never really caused a problem during the relationship, I hated the mood swings but just learnt to accept it as part of who she is.

I used to go to a school for students are risk, I've been around a lot of people with the illness, and to tell you the truth alot of the time I find them to be amazing people, just a bit intense.
Quote by busby_bass

This is just a theory, but people who have bi-polar tend to be arty type folk who tend to get involved with entertainment and music and other arty stuff, such as Stephen Fry for example. He's a famous bi-polar sufferer. Don't ask me why, it's just something I've noticed that tends to go together.
This being a guitar website, we have a 100% popultation of arty type people on here, which means we probably have a larger percentage of bi-polar sufferers too.
I've never been diagnosed, but sometimes, I'll just have a random day where EVERYTHING pisses me off, and I get horribly sad for no reason.

It's really lame.
Quote by busby_bass

Yay for wikipedia.

In reality, I doubt many of you have been diagnosed, probably just saw something on a tv show or maybe read a little bit and can see the symptoms in yourself, I dont mean to be an ass ( well I do) but everyone gets sad once In a while, and we have a society built on quick fixes and immediate answers, so doctors are under pressure to give us this, so we get meds, which ironically are quick at fixing diddly sqaut .

I know of 3 people who diagnosed themselves off a bebo/myspace/magazine type quiz.
I'm not saying I have it.

But getting morbidly sad for no reason qualifies as something, though.

Quote by fronkpies
Well bi-polar is just a new buzzword, just like dyslexia was, the real people who have the disorder just get caught up in the horrible wave of people (who may genuinely believe they have it, may even display a few symptoms, but have just been poorly diagnosed) and get left behind.

It is like that with OCD too. Everyone thinks they have it for one reason or another. People read a paragraph or two on wikipedia and they think they are professionals in diagnosing psychological disorders.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
i usually hate my life all the time. i have good moments in the day, but most of the time i wish i could just sleep to make everything go away. interprit that how you will.

i dont know. i think im just depressed.

but hey, i used to think i had OCD, but i grew out of that. i still and always have avoided stepping on cracks in the side walk, but that doesnt mean anything and ive learned to ignore it, but ive done it since i was a kid.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Jul 13, 2007,
Quote by Garret.
It is like that with OCD too. Everyone thinks they have it for one reason or another. People read a paragraph or two on wikipedia and they think they are professionals in diagnosing psychological disorders.

My mother does that.

Then she spends a month ranting about having some disease.

Then she forgets, and moves on for awhile.
Quote by Garret.

You think that's bad? There was this guy at high school who used to think he had a different life threatening illness every single week. And he'd go into all these details about why he had it, then the cycle would repeat/
Page 1 of 2