Hey guys, so I talked to Nik at Ceriatone a while ago and I was really set on getting a Ceriatone Trainwreck Express replica. He claimed it's a very versatile amp, and the reviews back up that statement.

But now I'm unsure of what to do, because that's a single channel amp, and I was planning on eventually A/Bing it with another amp, possibly a Fender Hot Rod combo for my cleans.

But what that adds up to brings me to my confusion. For the longest time, I was set on getting a Buddha Superdrive 30. I've been in love with that amp for a long time, and recently got to try out the 18 watt combo.

So my question to you guys is: What should I do? I've never heard the Trainwreck, and I would be counting on reviews. The Budda I already know sounds amazing.

Any of your guys own the Trainwreck and can comment on my situation?

Thanks in advance
-Holden
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Seems like you're set on the Buddha, get that!

Listen to some Trainwreck soundclips first though, just to make sure that's not the one you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by guitaristd
i woulnd't a/b it i would just use your volume knob i hear trainwrecks are really good with volume knobs

I hear that too, but I'm worried that will make my clean volume too much quieter.

If not, then maybe I'll rig up a volume pedal that can only go down a certain amount (Put a block at the heel maybe?) because having to deal with my volume knob just wouldn't be practical in the time I need to switch from clean to overdrive.

Time to go listen to some clips!
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Does your guitar have a treble bleed circuit attached to your volume control? That makes volume changes much smoother. Also makes sure your tone doesn't get muddy from losing highs when you use the control.
I use my volume control all the time to get cleans, works well. Go try it out on a tube amp in a store.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Does your guitar have a treble bleed circuit attached to your volume control? That makes volume changes much smoother. Also makes sure your tone doesn't get muddy from losing highs when you use the control.
I use my volume control all the time to get cleans, works well. Go try it out on a tube amp in a store.

I'm not sure what you mean by a treble bleed circuit...I have a tone knob that I leave at around 2 o' clock...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Oh, awesome. I might have to put that in there.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Right now, an Ibanez GSZ and an American Strat w/ handwound pickups.

Planning on picking up an Agile AL-3100 sooner or later...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by forsaknazrael
I edited my first post. A little misinformation...I meant to say volume control.

Oh ok, still cool.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, I was building a pedal that would allow me to switch directly from full volume (bypass) to a selected volume. That should work perfectly.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9947298#post9947298
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Ya, definitely add a treble bleed, then.
Here's a similar idea to yours: http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album145/CLEAN_MACHINE_PASSIVE_001
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album145/CLEAN_MACHINE_LAYOUT_CORRECT_001

I personally think that adding another volume pot to your saound will warm it up a bit, so maybe using a 500K poit or a 1M pot would be a good idea to keep in mind.