Page 1 of 2
ramones, misfits
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
People are surprised whenever I tell them anything I like, because my look and my music taste don't really match. Unless I'm wearing a band shirt, people don't really assume I'd be into music. They're usually surprised when they find out that it's basically my entire life.

I guess the biggest surprise is usually Green Day, because judging by the other stuff I listen to I would seem like a person that would hate them.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by The Madcap

wow you beat me to it, i love lily allen. alright, still is such a great album

edit: oh yea i forgot i listen to probably more hip hop than i do rock. i guess that counts for this
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by hardrock1315
People are surprised whenever I tell them anything I like, because my look and my music taste don't really match. Unless I'm wearing a band shirt, people don't really assume I'd be into music. They're usually surprised when they find out that it's basically my entire life.

I guess the biggest surprise is usually Green Day, because judging by the other stuff I listen to I would seem like a person that would hate them.

Oh yeah, Green Day too, as well as Misfits like someone else up there said
People are always surprised I listen to Death Metal and that I listen to Reggae / Rap. and they are then subsequently surprised that I would actually listen to both Rap and Death Metal because so few people I meet understand it's possible to like genres of music that are different.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by ECistheBest

and ofcourse...
Eric Clapton: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OF0EMnruqzY

how is he your guilty pleasure? Your avatar is cream. does this confuse anyone else?

Anyway, i really like Frank Sinatra. He's just so classy. He's the man.

Coldplay is good too.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
the police. surprisingly enough, i have friends who dont believe me when i tell them i love the police. i dont know, just seems like an anti-me sorta band to them
Quote by Kankuro
Bone Thugs & Harmony and 2-Pac

both guilty pleasures

i hope your joking when you refer to 2-pac as a guilty pleasure, hes hands down the greatest rapper ever
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
^ Chuck D = Greatest rapper. 2-Pac is second. Sorry, I love my Public Enemy.
666 BRO
opeth, MCR
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by cashewchaching
how is he your guilty pleasure? Your avatar is cream. does this confuse anyone else?

No, because this thread is more about what music we like that people (probably outside of UG) would be surprised that we like...not necessarily a guilty pleasure. The TS did include a guilty pleasure, but I don't think it has to be limited to that.

People are surprised when I tell them I like rap and are even more surprised when they realize I actually know a decent bit about it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by cashewchaching

it might not be a guilty pleasure. i love his music.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by cashewchaching

Yeah...Haha

Anyway, I don't think its guilty, but people find it odd I like the Gorillaz, and some of Evanescence.
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by ECistheBest
it might not be a guilty pleasure. i love his music.
Isn't the point of the thread to name of the artists people would be suprised to find that you listened to them? I mean you have a Cream avatar and your screen name is ECistheBest. EC stands for Eric Clapton, does it not?
666 BRO
Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse, and Job For A Cowboy
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Quote by Kankuro
Isn't the point of the thread to name of the artists people would be suprised to find that you listened to them? I mean you have a Cream avatar and your screen name is ECistheBest. EC stands for Eric Clapton, does it not?

for people outside of UG, they might not know i'm a blues guitarist... i'm asian.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Kankuro
^ Chuck D = Greatest rapper. 2-Pac is second. Sorry, I love my Public Enemy.

im a big public enemy fan too, but chuck d. doesnt even come close to 2pac, he's hands down the best and everyone knows it
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by ECistheBest
for people outside of UG, they might not know i'm a blues guitarist... i'm asian.

umm...
Quote by rage6945
im a big public enemy fan too, but chuck d. doesnt even come close to 2pac, he's hands down the best and everyone knows it

I prefer Chuck D, I'll agree to disagree.

Quote by ECistheBest

Okay.... :\
666 BRO
Quote by rage6945

Chuck D is great, 2pac wasn't even that great. Mos Def is better than both, i'd say

Mos Def is great. There's so much great hip-hop out there. Common, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force, and so much more.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Mos Def is great. There's so much great hip-hop out there. Common, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force, and so much more.

indeed, indeed. It's just stupid to say that hip-hop/rap sucks without hearing the best of it.
EDIT: actually, it's better to say it's stupid to judge it by the hip-pop junk you hear on the radio. That's more like it

Last edited by Doolittle at Jul 11, 2007,
Quote by Doolittle
Chuck D is great, 2pac wasn't even that great. Mos Def is better than both, i'd say

if modern rap, mos def is definitly up there, but are you crazy? do you understand how important a rapper tupac was?
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by rage6945
if modern rap, mos def is definitly up there, but are you crazy? do you understand how important a rapper tupac was?

pac is shit
there are much better mcs out there

oh and to be on topic, people tend to be slightly shocked when they find out i dig hip-hop in general
Quote by Kankuro
Yeah man, you give 2-Pac too much credit.

everyone does really, i mean go to any record store that sells music, he has like two to three whole shelves...

Quote by Doolittle
everyone does really, i mean go to any record store that sells music, he has like two to three whole shelves...

Not at the shops I go to.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by ECistheBest

Way to tear down those stereotypes!

Jk. And i kind of get what you mean by the clapton thing, just seems slightly ironic.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Page 1 of 2