I'm thinking of selling a Marshall Valvestate 8080 that I rarely use. A friend of mine asked if I'd be interested in selling it. The problem is I have no idea what it's worth. Anyone know what an asking price is for one with the foot pedal? Also, while I'm at it, I have a Digitech RP7 that I never use. Anyone know what an asking price for that might be? Everything is in excellenct condition and never been out the house. Heck, I just put a new Tung-sol tube in it about 4 months ago thinking I was going to pull it out and use it to expand on different amp sounds for recording via mic. I think I played it 2 or 3 times since, then got into recording with an amp modeler instead and back on the shelf it went...again. I don't want to tell him a price that later I would find out I over-charged him, but, I don't want to let it go for nothing either. Thanks for the help!
Look at the completed ebay listings for both items. If there's a general price they usually go for, it's generally a good indication of what price you can get for something.
I'd say you should ask about $385 for the amp. I have no idea what they went for new back in the day, but I paid $400 for a used one about four years ago (it was my second amp and i was just jacked to get a Marshall, haha).
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
Thanks for the advice! I'll have to check e-bay again. I checked there once and didn't see anything, but, I wasn't looking for the "completed e-bay listings," whatever that is, to see if it's there. I don't e-bay, so, I only have limited knowledge of the site. Thanks again!
Sure, and do you have the original Marshall footswitch? If so, you should point that out to prospective buyers because they're kinda tricky to find if the original is lost, and they come in handy. I believe the original footswitch has 2 buttons (a channel button and a reverb button).
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
Yes, I got the original footswitch...still with the original box too. BTW, your correct about the footswitch...2 buttons(one for channel and one for reverb). I should hear from my friend this weekend. I guess I'm going to have to decide if I want to let this go. I really do like this amp, I just don't use it. I know he could really use a good amp and it would be nice for me to know it's getting played and put to good use. Thanks again for the help!!!