For my next guitar I think I'm going to get another ESP (LTD line) I want either an Eclipes or Viper, and most likely either the 400 or 1000 series, but are Vipers thin like a Gibson SG?

Thanks
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Last edited by gibson_10 at Jul 12, 2007,
I don't really know how to answer your question, yes it's shaped like an SG, and the ECs are shaped like Les Pauls, but they don't necessarily sound the same...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The eclipse 1000 is beauitful..i plan on ordering one this weekend - sun burst with JB/59 setup.
..If by "think" you mean thin..

No they're not quite as thin as an SG. They're about telecaster thickness? And they have super comfy necks. I find the LTD ones are always neck-heavy though. But I guess that's the price you pay for budget guitars.
Yeah sorry I ment thin I, just caught myself a few seconds ago and edited it, do you think the neck profile would be somthing like my KH 602? on the ESP website it says the 602 has an "Extra Thin U" and the Eclipes and Viper both have a "Thin U" how do you think these two necks would compare in term of similarity?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I find the LTD ones are always neck-heavy though. But I guess that's the price you pay for budget guitars.

The neck-heaviness is apparent on both ESP and LTD guitars, its not a matter if budget guitar or not. This is because of the strap button located behind the top horn rather than the tip. Not because of the neck being heavier than the body. Have it placed like Iommi's SG and it'll stop neck diving.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
My Viper isn't neck heavy it sits wherever I put it.. I've only noticed it with LTDs but maybe I just got lucky.

TS: I dunno about the neck profiles how to compare them, you'll just have to go have a feel of them yourself for that.