ok, so heres the deal...

im ready to buy a telecaster, and i hear from a store owner (whom doesnt have any real FENDERS, only squiers) that i should check out his "top end" squiers that are actually nicer than most standard teles...so i dunno guys..ive always heard squiers are crap no matter how nice, haha, if that makes sense..but the prices are--->

His top end squiers= $300
Standard Telecaster= $300

So what should I do?
It's a long way to the top, If you wanna rock and roll
Play both and decide yourself.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
sound is one thing, but im also worried about durability
It's a long way to the top, If you wanna rock and roll
I think they are both pretty durable guitars. The only thing I'd be worried about reliability wise on a squire is the elctronics, and maybe the hardware. Both are easy fixes you'd probably consider whether it is broken or not. Fenders are probably around equally as durable.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I know for myself that there are great squiers as well as crap fenders out there. Play them all and pick which you liked best. As Cort said, the hardware and electronics in squiers don't compare to the top end Fenders, but then again, the low-end fenders are the same.
practice > pedals ...Period
My Squier Standard Tele cost £180... i love it, but i've never seen a fender tele that compares, i've even played an american series...

then again, the quality control for squier is terrible, when you get a good one it's usually very good, but there's more chance of getting a terrible guitar, because i don't think squiers actually go through quality control.

The idea is - play both and see what you think of both and decide. People here will just shout "get the fender squires sux lol!111" so you won't get an honest opinion, the best option would be to play them both, but expect the fender to feel more solid and well built.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
you can get a Fender standard tele for $300?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
you can get a Fender standard tele for $300?

in america yes. It kinda sucks that they cost around £400 here
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
in america yes. It kinda sucks that they cost around £400 here

yeah i know they are cheaper in the USA, but the local dealers around here are asking £700 for a standard USA made tele. Mexican ones are cheaper, is this what we are talking about?

anyway, back to the threadstarter, i would go with the fender, athough it may not have such a flash finish etc as the high end squier it will have quality - AND ITS A FENDER!!!!!!!

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I don't think there's much better than an American Tele. I don't think any Squier can compete with those babies. A friend of mine had a Squier Tele. It was OK but IMO nothing compared to the Fenders.

But I guess that was only one example so who knows. I don't know how good it was in Squier terms. Just try the guitars out I suppose. I would generally always be tempted to go towards Fender though. Afterall they are named differently for a reason.

Oh, and on stage you always look better playing a Fender than a Squier...
Another thing to consider is that should you ever decide to resell it, the Fender will have a better resale value than the Squire.
Seriously, I'm in the band.