Im thinking about buying Music Theory for Dummies, since i kinda know nothing about theory and its really holding me back,

so has anyone bought or used this book? reviews on how it was and what not?
I don't have it, but I think it's just music thoery in general. They don't relate it to the guitar. Now, music theory is music theory, but you might want to find a guitar-specific book.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Check out the reviews on Amazon.com.
4 stars from 6 customers

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory actually has better reviews
4.5 stars from 40 customers
Gear:
-Ibanez
--RG270DX~Blk
--AGS83 Semihlw~Ant.
--AEF30 AcEl~Trans Blk
-BC Rich ST III~Snakeskin
-Strat~oly wht Hendrix
-OLP Tin Top
-Roland Cube30x
-Epi VJ -modded
-4x12 Marshall cab
-Pocket Pod
-Hendrix Wah
-Slash Wah
much more
I read it and it was good, but it doesn't relate anything to guitar, just piano.
I go to eleven..........
I love that book. It explains all the scales, modes, and chords. It's a great buy.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Music theory is music theory on guitar and on piano, so it doesn't really matter...it's up to you, you must know what you want to learn.

Do you want to learn the logic behind music...or just plain old mode and scale diagrams...I would go for the first one(and I'm going ).

The book that would combine the both knowledges would be a gift of God...and by my knowledge, there is NO such a book...so you must buy three books instead of one. Goddamn Capitalism .
I am Žile, I'm from Serbia, and I like guitars... and beans of course...never underestimate well cooked beans!

Join Alternate tunings
TUNED OUT
^ I have the Hal Leonard Music Theory for Guitarists book:

Here

And I think it combines both reasonably well. I don't know if anyone else has it and agrees/disagrees with me.