This is a symphonic metal progressive kinda song and it took me 8 hours to produce it and record it properly so that you can enjoy it hopefully..

It has clean vocals done by a friend, dunno if you like them though.

The lyrics are from Alonso (Insideac)..

LINK Angel Sacrifice is the name of the song

Listen to it and crit everything,, keyboards and guitars are played by me..

I hope you like it..

C4C

EDIT: feel free to add me in myspace, I'll gladly accept your request.
EDIT 2: We forgot to do the last verse cause we ran out of time in the studio, lol..But thats ok, no big deal.

EDIT 3 : The growl in the middle is by my friend Insideac :P.. Hopefully I can use his growling abilities in my songs to come.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Jul 12, 2007,
Wow Necrolust...Holy ****. The drums sound a little different from the GP file, but thats ok. Its still AWESOME. Dude this is seriously your best work to date... I had no idea you could sing like that! Haha. Im so proud to have you in our band as well

10/10 Dude!
this isn't really my cup of tea.. but i really enjoyed the intro riff aslong with the piano break down. the music is really good and vocals sound great. although i say this isn't really my kind of music.

good stuff nonetheless
Wow thanks !!!

I'm glad you like the vocals, I said it was a friend cause I was a little shy about my skills as a vocalist , lol..

But, thanks a lot for your honest comments
Isn't really my style either, but it sounded pretty good, I like the piano part going along side the guitar...

I have a feeling that if I liked this style of music more I'd love it....

Kinda short, and a solo wouldn't hurt.

8/10
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Isn't really my style either, but it sounded pretty good, I like the piano part going along side the guitar...

I have a feeling that if I liked this style of music more I'd love it....

Kinda short, and a solo wouldn't hurt.

8/10

Thanks but actually I didn't feel like putting a solo in a symphonic metal progressive kinda song, I dunno, it just didn't fit..

The reason I made it 2:52 minutes is that the record companies have a limit on demos (At least the big ones) and I'm sending this along with other songs and see what happens..
That song sounds sick. Im not into that music really at all, but it was very good. Props to you. The synth made it south great.

EDIT: I meant to say the synth really added to it, the guitars and vocals and drums sound great as well.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Damn man, I must say that this is one hell of a song for being under 3 mins. I really like symphonic metal type stuff, so this was right up my alley.

I usually give detailed crits on songs, but this was just like, amazing. All the keyboards were kickass, plus the drums and vocals too. Thank you for having some actual good singing instead of just growling/screaming for the entire song (nice growl in the middle though). I felt it was lacking a little with the guitars. Don't get me wrong, they were great, but I felt like the emphasis was put on the other instruments instead, but it wasn't even really a big deal, I'm just being nitpicky here. It was still f'ing great though man, one of your best songs I've heard. 9.5/10
Pretty good. I enjoy this a lot but I feels too short for the style of music that it is in. It abruptly ends. The vocals where spot on but there were part where they trailed off, most likely from the singer moving slightly off the mic. This is one of the best pieces of music I have heard from you.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627137
hey man, another insanely good song. you sing great, you sound identical to my friend hes from crete lol must be a greek thing lol, anyhoo the riffs were great and the lyrics were interesting, well done insideac no real faults apart from a solo would have been nice even if just a short one. the growl was a nice addition, IMO you should have had a little section of growls as just one growl wasnt enough . the little piano thing at the end was sweet. one other thing, just being a bit picky here is the kicks sounded like they were kinda running together. its probably just an EQ thing but they werent really clear seperate beats if you know what i mean.

anyways awesome stuff as usual. but yeah studio time paid off as the production is flawless basically. i think that would clean up in the next metal contest u shouldnt be allowed to use it unfair on the rest of us

Edit: Good luck with the demo and all that, hope they can see youve got something good goin on here
Thanks for the crit guys.
Zakatak, in my songs, the guitars are the least important instrument, I focus on the orchestral parts and try to emphasise the strings and other stuff, if the guitars where harder with my crazy sweeps and arrpegios youi would say, Whoah nice guitars and noone would hear the beauty of the orchestral elements
When I make non orchestral stuff I do focus on guitar..

Chris, thanks for your long and constructive crit The recording of the drums was a little messy with the Double bass drum, I turned the volume up so it could be heard easily, I recorded it with electronic drums so I can manipulate all the sounds via computer, I thought it was good but I'll hear it again just in case it needs some changing..

Thanks guys, keep em comming. !
sweet. really dramatic and big sounding. chunnky guitar tone. it is a bit short, and the snare doesn't cut through the mix too well, but overall this kicks ass!!
Quote by insecticide
sweet. really dramatic and big sounding. chunnky guitar tone. it is a bit short, and the snare doesn't cut through the mix too well, but overall this kicks ass!!

Thanks a lot, actually, it's that I got disoriented playing the double bass drum which took all my energy and the dynamics in the snare came out poor..
I wanted to redo it but I was too tired, lol..
if you can pull em off.. try learning doubles on your feet

maybe a little swivel? or flatfoot? i can never full on try out my techniques for drums since i live in an apartment.. but try varying it up, one technique for one type of bass drumming doesn't always work for another.

beside the double bass hints. Very well done holmes, clean vocals were a refreshing touch to the usual screams or shrieks associated with black or symphonic metal.. everything is arranged very well and comes thru cleanly.

once again, good job!

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
if you can pull em off.. try learning doubles on your feet

maybe a little swivel? or flatfoot? i can never full on try out my techniques for drums since i live in an apartment.. but try varying it up, one technique for one type of bass drumming doesn't always work for another.

beside the double bass hints. Very well done holmes, clean vocals were a refreshing touch to the usual screams or shrieks associated with black or symphonic metal.. everything is arranged very well and comes thru cleanly.

once again, good job!

I put 10 kg wights on my ankles and practice double bass drumming for like 30 minutes.. After that I have amazing speed..
But sometimes I get a little tired and lose some beats like in Angel Sacrifice..

Btw, thanks for your crit man, I appreciate it.
It was a nice composed song though I found some flaws in it concerning the guitar parts which were kind of low in some points but I can see that you did that to emphasise the orchestral elements..
Preety good song overall
haha surprisingly enough... I listened to this just the other day when you posted a bulletin about it on myspace and where saying things about how people never comment your stuff and that you were drunk haha... well, I still like this song a lot, really creepy vocals... badass compositions as usual... Keep on doing what your doing man, it's badass. haha.

c4c? (url in my sig)

<3Legions

EDIT:

oh yeah, I loved the drums towards the end man.... so badass. haha.
Quote by legions
haha surprisingly enough... I listened to this just the other day when you posted a bulletin about it on myspace and where saying things about how people never comment your stuff and that you were drunk haha...

shhhhhh

I deleted that bulletin when I had some cofee, noone else needs to know about that, lol..

Btw, I can't crit right now cause I'm at a beach house where there are no speakers cause I broke them with a sledge hammer..

There were a Rokit