Ok I have a problem... I want a step up guitar like the SG Faded Special but I dont know. I have been playing for 8 months and have a crap guitar with a zoom g2.1u effects and a peavey envoy 110 40w amp. Should I buy the Faded Special or are there better step up guitars? My limit is about $650 and I play almost any rock and very little metal and some blues. So please help me.
There's plenty of other guitars that you could get. The Gibson's might be a good guitar (try it out first) but at that price range there are plenty of other options.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Piece of crap!!!
don't buy it!!!
rIG:
My old clasic guitar-It desreves to be first!
Yamaha APX-8A
Epi Les Paul Standard 03'(w/Dimarzio Super Distortion + Tone Zone both split)
Kustom Dual 30RC
Boss Gt-8
Boss MD-2 (lost it somewhere)
Digitech Rp-200a (wish i lost it...)
What guitar do you have now?

Because if you're looking for better playability, then look at a guitar. However, if you're looking for a better sound, then it would be better to look for a new amp.
some of them suck, some of them kick ass
on mine the neck feels silky smooth the fretboard is really comfortable (thats just mine), but i would recommend new pups if u get 1
Quote by gibsonpenguin
What guitar do you have now?

Because if you're looking for better playability, then look at a guitar. However, if you're looking for a better sound, then it would be better to look for a new amp.

I have a guitar that you can buy circuit city called baldwin (piano company) and the amp is fine it sounds great I just want another guitar
I love my SG special faded, and i jumped up to it from a tradition (no-name guitar) after about two years of playing. I honestly don't think it's neccessary to go gibson because and epiphone seems fine for you, i'd go with and epi sg and a solid practice amp, like a roland cube.
CTHC
Send me that Peavey Envoy if you don't want it anymore! As someone else said the Faded SG (Gibson) is a good axe but try out as many as possible. Quality control is not as good as some of the higher-end Gibsons. Ditch the Zoom and get a few good pedals. These are my opinions, some may disagree.
There are dogs and gems in every series of assembly line guitars. You just gotta' know how to pick out the good ones.
ya is second the suggestion from BreakingTheGirl......an epiphone would be great but dont get the sg310 u prob want the sg400....thats if u def want an sg....a les paul standard is good too.....and i have a roland cube 15 as my bedroom practice amp....and my main amp a flextone...but im sure a roland cube 60 would be just as good as my flextone...that is if u want to go as loud as a 60 watt amp