soo on my new strat that i am beggining to build, which pick ups should i use??
im thinking about these 2 combos what do you guys think??

1) Dimarzio Paf pro humb. bridge
Dimarzio Area 61 middle
Dimazrio Area 61 or maybe chopper neck

2) Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II bridge
Seymour Duncan Jb Jr neck middle
Seymour Duncan Hot rails neck

I want this strat to give me like a pink floyd sound sort of but also be able to do some shred...but mostly classic rock and stuff
i got wth dimarzio cause there nice crisp and clean dunacans are good to but i support the dimarzio to

only thing i get from duncan is the signature dave mustaine pickups now thats a tone buster and i plan to get that pickup+ a dimarzio evo II pickup
Pink Floyd sound = a set of active single coil sized EMGs.

Either one of those sets is fine, though. I really like the DiMarzio Chopper as a higher output stacked humbucker. It goes really well with full-sized humbuckers.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Pink Floyd sound = a set of active single coil sized EMGs.

Either one of those sets is fine, though. I really like the DiMarzio Chopper as a higher output stacked humbucker. It goes really well with full-sized humbuckers.

Or the Dave Gilmour Signature EMG set?
I'm a fan of the EMG SA Series, but these sound hellishly different to the DG Set.
The DG's sound remeniscent of a humbucker really.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i dont want to deal with active pick ups...im making this guitar as well so i want to keep it simple not worrying about extra routings and what not.
Name. Any other difference between pickups is pretty apparent. Neither company is better than the other.
Hi, I'm Peter
well i know that none are better than others...well as lngo as there all good pick ups not just some cheapy. dimazrios are more higher gain and heavier rock am i right??while duncans are more classic rock and stuff liek that...im not really sure at all though haha
It's whichever you prefer. I would generally say that's right, that Duncan tries to go more with "vintage" tones, but they both make decent pickups that cover the gamut.
Hi, I'm Peter