Thrash metal song, crit for on it
Attachments:
Into My Mind.zip
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
now, thrash metal is my favourite type of music, and that song certainly has the riffs for a thrash song. The drums... in the verse rhythms, the 3th bar of drums is not in time with the guitars, they need to be looked at and tweaked.
other than that, good song,
7/10
Quote by ShadowintheSun
now, thrash metal is my favourite type of music, and that song certainly has the riffs for a thrash song. The drums... in the verse rhythms, the 3th bar of drums is not in time with the guitars, they need to be looked at and tweaked.
other than that, good song,
7/10

i think i know which part you mean, i wasnt too sure whether to keep that part or not, it does sound a bit dodgy though ill admit
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Sorry, buddy, but their is nothing particularily special about this... the drums were square, bland, the guitar riffs were the all-too-common standard in this particular genre and the solos were far too blocky in feel...

You have some good ideas, you just need to make them a little more unique, stick something special in there, turn things around and make it interesting again.

The song is fine as-is... but it won't catch any attention simply because everyone and their cousin has done it before...
this song is alright i suppose, the riffs are a bit too generic maybe some fills would liven them up a bit the solos...... well they were just to as leo said 'blobky' you were basically just shredding up and down the same pattern throughout the solos. thats wot most people tend to do when startng to write solos.

i dont care if you dont like them but say you listen to a trivium solo for example there will be parts in each one that are recogniseable, like little melodies or licks and shredding in between, so you can actually remember each solo note for note and hum it. your solos on the other hand was just generic shreddy wankage. you need to be melodic and you can hold notes and bends it doesnt have to be strict 8ths and 16ths all the time.

also try make some more inventive and melodic riffs in future so that your songs will stand out more and are more recognisable. because basic power chord riffs are very unmemorable unless you do something really fancy with them.

Its a good start but i would say start the solos again from scratch and try put some thought into making them memorable.

mind having a look at mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625955