Most of us agree that the Spider III is crap, right? OK cleans, crap distortion, sounds way too digital. But, if this is a Spider III, then there must have been a Spider II and I. Were they any good? And how much would you be expected to pay for one?

Don't flame, I'm just bored and interested
There is a Spider II, it costs a bit less than the III versions
ohai little sig.
honestly if you want a good Line 6 amp atleast go after the Flextone Series. I have a Flextone 2 and i love it. If you can afford it go for the Vetta series. I paid $300US for my Flextone 2, and love it.
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
I have a Spider II 120W and I love it - It does take a bit of fiddling around to get the sound you want sometimes, but you can always find it. I wouldn't say it's crap at all like some people say, It's just quite a cheap amp but you get what you pay for. You can't pay the price you pay and expect to get a top of the range amp, because they really aren't that expensive.
Quote by Climate
I have a Spider II 120W and I love it - It does take a bit of fiddling around to get the sound you want sometimes, but you can always find it. I wouldn't say it's crap at all like some people say, It's just quite a cheap amp but you get what you pay for. You can't pay the price you pay and expect to get a top of the range amp, because they really aren't that expensive.

+1
I think everyone on here is way too harsh on these amps
Esp M1007
ISP Decimator
5150 III
Basson 412
Lol at the kids with crap gear who like spiders.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
the Vetta II amps are amazing...they can make any guitar sound under the sun and the effects are top notch and fully adjustable they totally rival any tube amp.....btw ...played a line6 spider I&II and didnt like them....they just sound so....''digital''
Quote by melchia
the Vetta II amps are amazing...they can make any guitar sound under the sun and the effects are top notch and fully adjustable they totally rival any tube amp.....btw ...played a line6 spider I&II and didnt like them....they just sound so....''digital''

While I'm totally for digital technology, I have to say you're wrong. There is no rivalry here...I'm sick of there being this digital vs tube contest. It doesn't matter. At the end of the day, good tone is good tone. It doesn't matter if you get it with a $20,000 all tube combo or a cheese slicer.

I agree, the Vetta amps are amazing, but let's not get into another retarded tube vs digital debate because there will never be a winner. They both have their place in the guitar world.
Quote by Nocomment
Lol at the kids with crap gear who like spiders.

no need for that; they cant afford high end gear.

i personally dont like them, they sound awful and digitally; the predessors (sp) were just as bad.