So ive been playing for like a month and we moved on to power chords but i find it hard to stretch my fingers and keep them in the same place when moving up and down the fretboard any easy solutions to help me as i am a begginer?
everyone find its hard for a start, keep practising and soon you wont even think about it
^ Exactly. Just keep practicing day in and day out and you will eventually get it. Whenever you have spare time, play guitar. If you are just sitting on the computer or something, just have a guitar on your lap. Something could be loading and there your guitar is, ready to be played.
Forget powerchords....do open chords first, then when you're fairly competent with them learn barre chords. A powerchord is just the bottom 2 or 3 notes of a barre chord, therefore if you learn barre chords you learn powerchords by default. It's a lot harder to learn powerchords then try to extend them into full barre chords.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah you should practice and practice.....and practice....oh and dont forget to practice i learn clasicall guitar and i was playng songs that had bare chords...at start it was very hard...but after a year i could play bare chords very easily and when i started playng for free time some Nirvana and other stuff it was very easy
Last edited by 742627000017 at Jul 12, 2007,
best thing to do is to learn a song with power chords, I recommend green day .

I learnt jesus of suberbia and that sorted power chords for me.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
make sure that you are using the "right" fingers. use index finger and ring finger and if needed pinky, try not to use your middle finger.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I've always used my pinky to barre. Do the root with your index and the fifth and octave with the pinky, see if that helps. My friends think it's weird, but my powerchords sound a hell of a lot cleaner than theirs. Not to mention it builds up your pinky strength which you're going to need for solos.
what I meant by using the pinky if you need to is that power chords can have only two strings, or three...if it is three then use the pinky.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i couldn't reach power chords for ages. So I just used to fingers and put my fingers down on two of the strings

----3----
----1----

Like that, with my index and pinky. after a week or so playing like that I was able to reach a correct powerchord easy enough.
Quote by stratele
best thing to do is to learn a song with power chords, I recommend green day .

I learnt jesus of suberbia and that sorted power chords for me.

If you learned it with all power chords, you learned it wrong.