Hey, so I have this huge problem where I snap strings excessively right at the bridge while playing. I DO play roughly, but I'd rather not compromise that for my strings' sake. I don't tear at my strings, but I jump around and run while playing. Is there any way I can stop this?
I think this happened to me once, I just brought it into my local music store and they fixed it. They told me in the bridge there was a shrapnel of metal sticking up, cutting my string. They fixed it, so that could be the problem.

btw, your sig is the best song ever known to man-kind.
Quote by Ethalopian
I think this happened to me once, I just brought it into my local music store and they fixed it. They told me in the bridge there was a shrapnel of metal sticking up, cutting my string. They fixed it, so that could be the problem.

btw, your sig is the best song ever known to man-kind.

Yeah that can happen, sometimes there are sharp bits on tune-o-matic type bridges.

btw what song is that?
/trying to discover new music
/being a social outcast thus missing out on all the classics
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
my friend had this happen so he took it in and they explained to him that his saddles all had sharp edges and so the took and rubbed some graphite (i think) onto the edge and that seemed to have worked.
Have you tried different strings?? some brands make better wound strings than others, that may really help. Also look at your guitar, it may be a guitar defect where you bridge puts a lot of stress on your strings when you play and its causes them to break, other than that i wouldnt give up my style of playing for my strings... good call man!
Go to the Electric Guitar forum.

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7