I have great difficulty playing single notes standing up (if you understand that) I can play chords etc. fine standing but when it comes to something like a solo, generally quite a quick one, my playing falls to sh*t

Any advice on getting better at solo'ing standing? Don't say get your guitar higher because my strap is actually as high as it goes (surprisingly its not very high - I don't look like a twat or anything )

Cheers.
practice
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Balance the guitar properly so that the neck is exactly where you want it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I personally have my strap up high enough that my wrist isn't at any angle really, and it's about where it would be if I were sitting. When I take solo's I usually put the guitar at a higher angle so that I can reach the higher frets better, or I put my foot up on the moniter and rest the guitar on my leg more classical style.
Quote by hollow1928years
I personally have my strap up high enough that my wrist isn't at any angle really, and it's about where it would be if I were sitting. When I take solo's I usually put the guitar at a higher angle so that I can reach the higher frets better, or I put my foot up on the moniter and rest the guitar on my leg more classical style.

+1
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
dont worry about how you look, its about the sound you make.
The problem with rock music is there are to many people that play the guitar... and not enough guitarist. Guitar Hero Doesnt help...
i think that metal position is better to play...lift the neck so you can see it...like others said who cares how you look..doesnt matter if you look at the guitar or not you'll get use to it
yea, wat all they said, practice like no tomorrow my friend! and youll eb playing jumping in a few days! woot! but yea, i sometimes put my foot up on a prop or something to get me a better angle, its more comfortable
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I take the Frusciante or Hendrix stance when I do solo, so if I do the Hendrix put one leg out in front and lean back, if I go Froosh either do the Hendrix with a more back lean or have the slightly pointed to the ground hunch my lean to the left a little and have my tilted to the right it looks pretty cool and it's pretty easy to play.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Just practice until you get good at it. If you want to be a performer, you will need and want to look good, so you'll want your guitar to be lower.