Page 1 of 2
Okay, so today me and my brother were driving by a pawn shop and we decided to go in out of boredom. I happened to find a SRV sig. strat sitting behind the counter. It doesn't have a scratch on it and plays great through the amps they had there. The price was $949.00 USD and I was wondering if it would be worth the money to buy it from the pawn shop.
**** Yes!
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Buy The Mother ****er!!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
meh, i'd say pass
i've played a few of them and they just dont sound that great, and the neck profile they use is horrible
you should just opt for a american strat and be done with it, they play better anyway.
^wtf? the srv strat is the only strat i would buy!!! the neck is awesome! go get it right NOW!
I think it'd be a great buy, although the neck is something to get used to.

As you know, SRV basically played a guitar that was setup to be uncomfortable. Nobody likes playing .13's with high action.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
buy it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
**** it, even if you dont like it then you can at least try and sell it at a profit!

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
I like them quite a bit. My dad has one, I play it on occasion. It's one of the better built fenders and has a good bite to it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
just thought i'd let you guys know that i went in today and bargained them down to $875 and am now the proud new owner of a srv sig. strat.
i don't like the SRV sig. strat. they have really fat necks kinda like gibsons. one i played had thick strings and high action. -1 for me.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
pics!!!! sound clips!!!!!
im thinking of buying the texas special pickups, how do they sound
pics would be nice
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Lucky ****! I'd love to play one but my hands are tiny as is Huge neck, high action, 13 gauge strings, how the hell did he do it??

Yeah pics please, I'm guessing the paint jobs completely on it yeah? Unlike the Rory Gallagher sig...

Don't steal, don't lift
meh, I played one before and found the sound to be pretty good, but the feel of it was terrible, playing it was almost painfull at times, especially if I tried to do bends or play way up high, the neck is just too fat.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
nice looker, but id would settle for a nice american and swap pups
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Quote by ECistheBest
i don't like the SRV sig. strat. they have really fat necks kinda like gibsons. one i played had thick strings and high action. -1 for me.

Yeah, that's because it's the SRV sig and thus, is setup like SRV One. He had stupid gauge strings with a high action.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Rockstar12345
nice looker, but id would settle for a nice american and swap pups

The SRV strat is an american with swapped pickups and better neck (imo).
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by chea_man

The Texas Specials are very nice IMO,good for any blues and blues/rock. Id say go for it.
has anyone considered that it may be stolen. i'm not sure who would give a guitar of that value into a pawn shop...or maybe pawn shops are different in the states to what they are in australia?
Quote by chea_man

Sorry man, I can't do sound clips, my computer is on the fritz. I can do a pic though!

Thats the only pic I have of it on the computer at this time. My harddrive was reset about a month ago and I don't have it out of the case too often.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
When I get a Strat it'll have be sunburst with a black pickguard!

Quote by SG Man Forever
meh, I played one before and found the sound to be pretty good, but the feel of it was terrible, playing it was almost painfull at times, especially if I tried to do bends or play way up high, the neck is just too fat.

Yeah but i'm assuming you don't have buses for fingers like S.R.V. Its not a bad thing, it was intentionally put like that, so unless you can crush an apple with your fist then buying these would kind of pointless.

With that said TS is a lucky ****!

Don't steal, don't lift
Quote by SublimeGuitar
The SRV strat is an american with swapped pickups and better neck (imo).

yea swap them pups out.

also, the trem is supposed to be upside down.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
I've got a question, if some people here seem to be complaining that the action is too high or the string guages are too thick couldn't one just lower the action and use thinner strings to make it more comfortable? Don't flame me I'm a strat noob and may have no idea about some obvious fact that everyone except me knows about.
u can do that. but that's not the SRV way.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
This could possibly be my favorite stratocaster of all time.

It looks beautiful, feels great, sounds great. All I would do is change that pickguard.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The trem is upsidedown because SRV prefered left handed trems on his guitars instead of right handed ones.

And that's because his idol Hendrix had his trem upside down too, but for other reasons.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Lightitup
This could possibly be my favorite stratocaster of all time.

It looks beautiful, feels great, sounds great. All I would do is change that pickguard.

BLASPHEMY!

How big and awkward does the neck feel?

I'm so ashamed of my tiny hands...

Don't steal, don't lift
Quote by Defunkt
BLASPHEMY!

How big and awkward does the neck feel?

I'm so ashamed of my tiny hands...

It's not big and akward, its basically a fat 50's neck trimmed down in a different way than the standard thinner fender necks.

I like how the trem is upside down, it really puts the bar in the palm of your hand so you don't have to reach for it before you can use it.

This guitar came from fender with regular guage strings, maybe 12's, but nothing noticibly larger than normal. During SRV's career, he was using the heavier guages as he was closer to death. His guages progressively got larger through the years.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Defunkt
BLASPHEMY!

Yuck! The thing with his initials across it, think of how sexxay it would be with a White or Cream pickguard. Mmmm...
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Page 1 of 2