I have been using Fender medium picks. I'm getting fed up with these because they chip and have absolutely no grip on them. I'm going through one pick a week so I'm down to my last one. Plus they are a little too small because I have big hands.

Need new picks, can someone tell me about these tortex picks? I play a lot of trash, power, and heavy metal so when I start to sweat, the pick slips from my fingers and gets really annoying. Suggestions would be nice!
I use Dunlop U.S.A. pics. sticks like glue for me. never liked the jazz3 picks.
I like Jazz 3s, but some people dont like them because they're pretty small. Before i discovered them, I just used to put some slices into picks using a knife and that gave ridges to hold into. My friend puts a staple into his picks.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
At my local music store they have this stuff called gorrilla snot, its goo you put on your pick to stop it slipping. it works.
Quote by j.pagejr.
if im in a rush then its in the water but if i have time to be precise i aim for the side

Quote by Shredder6
you guys stand up?
Well, first off - if you're burning a pick a week, get rid of the mediums or expect to keep losin em to wear - they're not meant for aggressive stuff or heavy bite, which I'm assuming is what you're doing. There are these things called Ice Pix, i believe, and they've got sandpaper like grip on em. Though I never saw a problem with the old ones. Hold em tighter or choke up on em more.
the black dunlop 1mm are perfect for that. I use them all the time.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Staple them to your fingers.

Failing that, tortex purples rule all. I never drop them, but you can always punch a hole in them or score a big "X" in them like Dimebag did.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^yeah tortex have the nicest feel to them.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Gator grip
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I play Ibanez Wizard Picks, you can either get ones with sand glued too them or the ones with little rubber dots on it to grip. Another plus is, they're the toughest picks ive ever played, they never break and wear down extremely slowly. Although they may be a bit small for you.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
if ur looking for somthin' more affordable (which would be absurd because all picks are affordable, but anyway......) then u should get "Cool" picks. they've actually got little grippers on them to help u hold them.
Dunlop Gator Grips and maybe Tortex whatever those are? Any suggestions on size? .5 mm?
personally, I like the Dunlop Ultex. They don't slip AT ALL for me
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Tortex are really nice like everyone else has said. I've never dropped one before and they last.
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
i use 1.14 gator grips, I love em, theyre the only ones I use.
Gear
Epiphone Vintage Sunburst Les Paul Custom
Ibanez White Rg 120
Fender 40w Limited Edition Hot Rod Deluxe
I use alot of different.. and have been expirimenting with lots of types...
so far my favourite is definately the 3mm Jim Dunlop USA Big Stubby picks they have an indent for your thimb and finger... and they slide right off the string it has a nice feel to it...
try those maybe
Thank you everyone for your input. I shall buy a variety of picks in about twelve hours.
another vote for dunlop gator grips
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
Dunlop Big Stubby 3.0s

They are pretty thick and have a decent sized indention in them to help grip it better. You're really going to have to just try out about 10 different picks to see which ones you like the best.

I used to be a 2.0 Gator grip user. Never dropped one, and they have a non slick finish to them. Now I prefer pointy picks.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I like the Gator Grip 1.5mm or 2mm.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
jazz 3 and tortex are the best
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
I used to use Jazz III to help me play faster, but then I realised it didn't actually make much difference to me. Just a tiny bit of accuracy difference. I use Tortex 0.88 Greens - and recommend them.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
cool cats, look it up, bad ass picks
My Gear=
ESP Horizon w/ Seymour Duncan bridge pickup
Mesa Boogie DC-5 50W
BOSS GT-6 Effect Processor
Dunlop Gator Grips are really good.... or you could go ghetto and just take a hole puncher a punch holes in your picks. my cousin does it and it works for him
Houses Of The Holy "Holy Man" of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
Purple Dunlop 1.14 MM
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
snarling dog brain picks...
Swollen fingers of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join

--Gear--
AXE:Epiphone Thunderbird IV, Peavey Fury II, Jackson CB20
AMP:Peavey Pro 500