So whats the difference between single, dual and triple rectifiers? I'm concidering purchasing one of them but there so expensive and the singles are cheaper. I havnt really gotten a chance to play any of them yet though.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
single 50 watts, dual 100 watt, triple 150, by the way with a tube amp, all you really need is 50, becuz 50 tube, is 100 solid state, if you didn't already know that
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Is it not also channels? Ie single is single channel, dual is dual channel, triple is triple channel?

It's likely that I'm wrong here, I've never even seen a recto.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
single has only one rectifier tube. dual has two rectifier tubes. triple has three rectifier tubes. I believe that one rectifier tube = 50 watts (correct me if i'm wrong) im positive now that the dual and triple rectos have 3 channels they used to only have 2 channels. I'm not sure how many channels the single has, but i'm going to guess that there is 3 channels now.

edit: From what i've heard the dual and triple sound the closest to each other, but the single sounds a little different than them. Hopefully someone that owns these amps will be in here to help you more.
Last edited by enjoi91 at Jul 12, 2007,
Quote by sheldonplank
Is it not also channels? Ie single is single channel, dual is dual channel, triple is triple channel?

It's likely that I'm wrong here, I've never even seen a recto.

No, the single rectifier has 2 channels and a contour boost for the distorted channel.

The Dual rectifier can come in a standard or soloist head. The soloist head has 3 different EQ's and I believe 6 buttons on the footswitch, which is 5 different channels.

The triple recto always comes with the 3 EQs, so it is basically the same as the Dual Recto.

Sound wise, they are very similar in volume, especially when hooked up to a 4x12 cabinet. You really woudln't be able to tell the difference in a blind test as to which one is the loudest if they had the master volume knob in the same place. Personally, the triple rectos have the most punishing gain, duals are the most versatile, and singles are good for people who are venturing into metal territory without dumping a huge load of cash on an amp head.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
No, the single rectifier has 2 channels and a contour boost for the distorted channel.

The Dual rectifier can come in a standard or soloist head. The soloist head has 3 different EQ's and I believe 6 buttons on the footswitch, which is 5 different channels.

The triple recto always comes with the 3 EQs, so it is basically the same as the Dual Recto.

Sound wise, they are very similar in volume, especially when hooked up to a 4x12 cabinet. You really woudln't be able to tell the difference in a blind test as to which one is the loudest if they had the master volume knob in the same place. Personally, the triple rectos have the most punishing gain, duals are the most versatile, and singles are good for people who are venturing into metal territory without dumping a huge load of cash on an amp head.

My bad, like I said, I didn't know. Listen to this man, apparently he knows his Mesas!
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
I looked on mesa's site and not 100% if they are called rectifier tubes I found that the single has no 5u4's where as the dual has 2x5u4's and the triple has 3x5u4's. Those were the tubes i was referring to.
rectifier tubes are correct...ding ding
"but i don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "we're all mad here."
~lewis carroll
Quote by enjoi91
I looked on mesa's site and not 100% if they are called rectifier tubes I found that the single has no 5u4's where as the dual has 2x5u4's and the triple has 3x5u4's. Those were the tubes i was referring to.

I'm pretty sure I read that wrong the first time I saw it or you edited your post.

Yes, you are correct about that, I dunno what I was talking about calling them preamp tubes.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Nov 21, 2007,
Cool. I was actually sort of hoping it would be 50 watts because I remember hearing something about that. I'm looking for a less wattage tube amp than what I have and 50 sounds about right. I was concerned the single might only have 1 channel but if it has at least 2, I'm happy. Thanks a lot you guys.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by MESAexplorer
I've always called them preamp tubes. My bad.

you're not wrong. the numbers you gave for the power tubes were correct (2, 4, 6 for single, double, triple respectively). the other guy was indeed referring to rectifier tubes, and the single rectifier does not have tube rectification, only diode rectification. the dual and triple have the option of both tube or diode.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by Fender_punk
Cool. I was actually sort of hoping it would be 50 watts because I remember hearing something about that. I'm looking for a less wattage tube amp than what I have and 50 sounds about right. I was concerned the single might only have 1 channel but if it has at least 2, I'm happy. Thanks a lot you guys.

For the price of a Single Recto you can buy a Mark III head or a Mesa Nomad which Rivals the Single recto if not better than it.

The Carvin V3 is about $950 and is supposedly one of the better heads made. I'd definatly look into it as well.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio