So i recently just got into bluegrass quite a bit. some of the stuff just sounds so incredible. The more obscure instruments, the beats, the harmonies, all pieced together sounds so rad. i really like split lip rayfield. old crow medicine show. you know stuff like that. Any one know some other cool bluegrass bands. i am trying to find some more.
Bill Monroe more or less invented blugrass, so listen to him. Also, Earl Scruggs.
*Cough*Ralph Stanley*Cough*

And Buzz Buzby founded "The Country Gentlemen". Check them out. If you are really trying to work your way in you need to Get Seldom Scene. They are the most easy going Bluegrass out there. I am the most open minded music person out there but some Bluegrass just rubs me the wrong way. I think anyone with decent music appreciation can like Seldom Scene.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by kstebor
Bill Monroe more or less invented blugrass, so listen to him. Also, Earl Scruggs.

Lol, that name belongs in the Rednecks thread.

Bluegrass is great though, the speed and technicality of the playing is breathtaking!
If you like rock and bluegrass, give Hayseed Dixie a listen. It's AMAZING, in my opinion. Glad to see people like Bluegrass. I've been playing banjo, mandolin and fiddle in bluegrass jams for over 5 years.
Doc Watson!

Saw him live last December and he is easily the best blue-grass flatpicker ever, in my opinion.
*gasp*

i love bluegrass!

though the thing is i'm yet to find a bluegrass band who have a singer who doesn't do things in the blatant redneck style (which is enough to keep me from loving it too much).

as for bluegrass guitar and banjo, *orgasms*
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Most of the vocals are tough to listen to, but the instruments are fantastic.
Quote by les_paul_01
though the thing is i'm yet to find a bluegrass band who have a singer who doesn't do things in the blatant redneck style

Seldom Scene - Kick ass voices. Not at all rednecky. They are all lawyers and businessmen.

Here is some of their stuff. The only bad part is that it is live and rednecks at a bluegrass shows cant shut the fuck up.

Cover of the Dead's "I Know You Rider"
Like I Used to do
The end of "Wait a Minute"

"Wait a Minute" is fricking beautiful. Even if you HATE every song on the rest of the CD that song will more than make up for it.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.