I'm looking for a pedal to help fix the volume and feed back problem on my amplifier. When I have the clean channel on everything sounds fine. When I switch to the distortion channel, it just gets extremely loud, and it gets bad feedback if I get to close. I have to turn the knobs up pretty high to get some nice crunch or anything. Is there a pedal that could fix this? A noise suppressor maybe? Btw I don't have any pedals hooked up to it, just have the channel selector that came with it. Its a Crate FXT120.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
You answered your own question. Get a noise suppressor or noise gate is what some brands call it but that's what your looking for.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Just step back. Besides, the sound you hear when you >5 feet is not what the audience is going to hear.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
When I switch to the distortion channel, it just gets extremely loud, and it gets bad feedback if I get to close

That's what happens if you stand too close to your amp...stand further away.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah just stand away from the amp - or learn to use the feedback and turn it into a positive.
Well, generally electronic feedback like being too close is unusable. Controlled feedback, that increases your sustain is different.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by clement1
Yeah just stand away from the amp - or learn to use the feedback and turn it into a positive.

I do that sometimes, Nirvana stuff you know?
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
One of the main problems is your amp. Because it is solid-state you have to turn it up so loud so the audience can hear you. I have a Crate and I like it just fine but I don't think I would gig it. If you are scooping mids stop it. Turn the mids up to at least 4 or more and bass up to at least 5 or 6, turn the treble down to about 4 or 5 and turn the volume and gain down. It will sound much better and feedback less. As others said stay away from the front. Amp settings make all the difference.
Does your guitar have single-coil pickups?
Last edited by uldhppi at Jul 13, 2007,