Alright, here's the deal. I bought a Kramer 440S/D off ebay that came pre-installed with a stabilized Floyd Rose and a D-Tuna (how useless). One of the main reasons I wanted a guitar with a Floyd Rose was to be able to pull upwards on the whammy bar for raising the pitch, but with the Floyd stabilized and the D-Tuna installed, this is impossible.
What I want to know is how to remove the D-Tuna properly to make full use of the Floyd. I can't find any guides on how to do this online so I thought I'd ask here.

Also, even if the D-Tuna is removed, there's a foam like block under the Floyd (i guess to stabilize it) that I have no idea how to remove. Here's a picture:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/diru_sleazoid/071207_1608a.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd say take it to your local guitar shop and see what they can do, I'm no expert on F.R. guitars.... yet...
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

im not sure about d tuna's having never used one, but it cant be too hard to figure out if you take the bridge off. as far as getting that foam out, if it isn't glued in, then just pull it out, while the bridge is off, if it is glued you may have to cut it out.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
the foam is for "protection" when you pull back, from damaging the guitar body and the trem should be fine with the d-tuna off, if in doubt check out floydrose.com for help.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
Quote by headfest88
im not sure about d tuna's having never used one, but it cant be too hard to figure out if you take the bridge off. as far as getting that foam out, if it isn't glued in, then just pull it out, while the bridge is off, if it is glued you may have to cut it out.

How would I go about taking the bridge off? I'm a Floyd Rose n00b. I see two allen wrench style screw things that look like it's holding it on. I assume thats what I go for, right? The foam is held on with a very, very light adhesive and can be removed easily.

Once I remove the foam, would there be any adjustments I'd need to make to the Floyd? Also, the D-Tuna requires it's own "screw" like object that is different from the normal Floyd setup. I'll need to buy a standard sized "screw" to replace it with, but I don't know what it's called. Here's a picture of the D-Tuna installed:

http://home.mchsi.com/~thestringsource/dtuna.jpg

The "screw" I need are the black ones sticking directly out of the back of the Floyd next to the D-Tuna.
the foam doesn't need to be removed. my Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR came with a piece of foam just like that, stock.
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
dont take the whole thing apart!! screw the d tuna off

"It couldn't be easier to install. You remove the string locking screw from the low E-saddle on the bridge and replace it with one of the two D-Tuna locking screws, the spring assembly and the D-Tuna. And that's just about all there is to it."

do that. but in reverse.