Page 1 of 2
Notice it said core, so this includes hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, grindcore, etcore

I personally listen to alot of really cool acoustic stuff like Dominic Frasca and Andy McKee (check him out if you havent!)
I also like alot of ambient stuff like This Will Destroy You and Sigur Ros. Plus I have the classics like Johnny Cash/Hendrix/The Beatles.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Last edited by guitarwannabe16 at Jul 12, 2007,
i hate it when people say "discuss" at the end. dont force us to do anything, people know how to handle a conversation by themselves. as for me, i listen to maybe a little classic stuff, and alot of 80s thrash like slayer, metallica, megadeth, and anthrax.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Everything good.

Dispatch
Colin Hay
We are Scientists
NOFX
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Strung Out
Journey
Live
old Green Day..
Brand New
Jimmy Eat World
John Fogerty
Avril Lavigne
Neil Young
The Offspring
Rage Against the Machine
RBF
Turbonegro
Silverchair
Triumph
T.Rex

I cbf naming ones you wouldn't have heard of.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
i hate it when people say "discuss" at the end. dont force us to do anything, people know how to handle a conversation by themselves. as for me, i listen to maybe a little classic stuff, and alot of 80s thrash like slayer, metallica, megadeth, and anthrax.

I lol'd. But ill be a good guy and be sensitive to you're special needs.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by Shredder Guitar
i hate it when people say "discuss" at the end. dont force us to do anything, people know how to handle a conversation by themselves.

I hate when people like you weren't wiped on the curtains.
Classic rock and blues mostly.
And a bit of everything else.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
I listen to mostly post-metal (more-so than hardcore) but I also enjoy some indie or alternative rock every now and then, for the most part I stick to heavy music no matter the time or place, I sleep to metal as well (Isis, Pelican, etc.)
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Owen
Sufjan Stevens
Brand New
Slayer
At The Gates
Electric Wizard
Eagles of Death Metal
Sleep
Kanye West
Immortal Technique
The Smiths

Those are some of my favorite non-core artists right now.
any true rock n roll, and celtic rock. some alternative. oh ya and Gogol Bordello
indie, a lot of prog metal bands, tech death metal, jazz, sometimes classical stuff (prokofiev), pretty much anything.
I listen to a lot of pop-punk (good pop-punk)
Piebald
The Ergs
The Get Up Kids
New Found Glory
old Blink 182
Lifetime
all of that

I'm also a huge Bright Eyes fan.

And random stuff like Sigur Ros, The Cure, Interpol, Cursive, Jawbreaker, Minus the Bear, Modest Mouse, City and Colour, and The Smiths

but the majority of my music consists of modern hardcore, hardcore punk, post-hardcore, small amounts of metalcore/whatever elsecore, and other forms of hardcore.

EDIT : Add NWA to random stuff list.
Gojira
Dream Theater
Tool
Borknagar
I am the Ocean
Mors Principium Est
The Absence
Megadeth
The Doors
Iced Earth
Testament
Wintersun
Death
Boston

Those are just some "non-core" bands I've been listening to recently.
"I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano." - Lloyd Christmas
mostly punk or metal, but I also love the dire straights and stuff like that.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Mostly Post-Rock, Metal and Hip Hop.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Oldies
gordon lightfoot
catch 22
all sorts of modern rock
NightWish
Coldplay

just a few
Breakage
65 Days of Static
Russian Circles
Pelican
Windir
Darkthrone
Dj Promo
Dj Pavo
Dj Mangoo
Dj Tiesto
Dj Zany
Donkey Rollers
Headhunterz
The Dizzorder
Gaelic Storm
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Pinback (new stuff soon)
Ratatat
Subtle
Three 6 Mafia (old stuff)

thats really most of the stuff i listen to w/out any screaming or mainstream influence. Most of it was instrumental or just chill. I listen to more indie, but i didn't feel like mentioning.
Loads of other sorts of punk, industrial, no wave/noise rock, DHC, gabber, post-punk, hip-hop, black metal, some death metal... quite alot.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Brand New
The Winston Jazz Routine
Circa Survive
The Faint
Arctic Monkeys
MuteMath
The Sound of Animals Fighting
Explosions in the Sky
The Mars Volta
DMX
Faraquet
Q and not U

Bands like that.
I play guitar
usually pop punk or old school rap (easy e, old dre, etc.)
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

anything but pop (not real music) rap (again, no music at all....just a black guy talking to a computer-generated noise) or emo (too depressing).
STS9
Radiohead
Lots of death/melodeath metal
John Butler Trio
Talib Kweli
Blackstar
The Flaming Lips
The Black Keys
Old grunge (Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam)
Classic Rock
G-Love
Kyuss
Orange Goblin
Greatful Dead
Primus
Don Ross
etc...

Quote by guitarwannabe16

I personally listen to alot of really cool acoustic stuff like Dominic Frasca and Andy McKee (check him out if you havent!)

If you haven't, check all the guys on Candyrat Records. I would recommend Eric Turnbull, Antione Dufour, Craig D'Andrea, & Don Ross. Check out Michael Hedges too.
i like

erik peterson
this bike is a pipe bomb
the beatles
the who
and some other one but i cant think right now
Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros, RATM, World's End Girlfriend, Woods of Ypres, 2pac, 65dos, Opeth, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Blink 182, Against Me!, New Found Glory, A Silver Mt. Zion, GYBE!, The Appleseed Cast, The Arcade Fire, EITS, Mogwai, Athiest, Boris, Cynic, Broken Social Scene, Isis, Cult of Luna, Pelican, Neurosis, Buried Inside, Catch 22, Circa Survive, Wu Tang Clan, Immortal Technique, Eminem, DOA, DS-13, Day For Airstikes, The Stilleto Formal, Minus the Bear, Zappa, Red Sparowes, Elliot Smith, King Crimson, Dream Theater, Cursive, Death Cab For Cutie, Descendents, DRI, Dr Dre, Eminem, Dredg, Ulver, Agalloch, Tom Waits, Thrice, Suicidal Tendencies, Municipal Waste, Sigur Ros, Saul Williams, Russian Circles, Rites of Spring, Embrace, Dag Nasty, Queen, CCR, Portugal. The Man, Pink Floyd, Faith No More, Giant, Gorguts, Intronaut, Iron Maiden, MDC, The Melvins, Million Dead, Monet. Madrid. Madagascar., Mono, Mouth of the Architect, NWA, Nas, etc etc etc
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
etcore, clever.

Metal (death, black,folk,power,a tiny bit of thrash)
lotsa pun/ska
some indie
some rap (mainly army of the pharaohs and k-os)
and some random stuff here and there.
led zeppelin
black sabbath
Big Black
dwarves
megadeth
Les Claypool
Red hot Chili Peppers(not much of the new stuff)
The White Stripes
Angry Samoans
Iron maidon
I like some pixies
Wire
turbonegro
minutemen
and some I can't think of
Page 1 of 2