Page 1 of 2
Has anybody heard of the band Madina Lake? I bought their CD, From Them, Through Us, To You, the other day and it sounded really good. Especially the song Here I Stand.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
i am loving this band at the moment. even though their music isnt really anything special, i just love their songs. didnt they get the money to record their demo by winning fear factor thing?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
hahaha ya. The two brothers in the band were on fear factor. Idk if they won though.

But anyways, I do like the band. My favorite song is Stars
"For Us, For Them, For You"
I really dislike this band. That is all.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

they're the next band that all the 12 year old kids will bum off.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by aebers79
hahaha ya. The two brothers in the band were on fear factor. Idk if they won though.

But anyways, I do like the band. My favorite song is Stars

I think they won. All I know is that they $50,000. They almost died from some sort of infection afterwards.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Nobodies said sell out but as soon as any twelve year old kids like a band somebody calls that band a sell out. Take Green Day for example. A bunch of people call them sell out because they're on the radio and these twelve year old kids start to like them.

you're an idiot.

why are you still talking about bands selling out? selling out shouldn't come into it when the band has released one full length record.

go away plz.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
basically theyre a younger modern day lostprophets, especially on one song which i think is called stars..

i gave most of the album a listen once and its catchy, its harmless, but its so boooorring. what they do, they dont even do well. theyve got where they are by being a very marketable band, just like paramore.
Quote by kryptonite22
basically theyre a younger modern day lostprophets, especially on one song which i think is called stars..

funny you make that comparision. Lostprophets have a song in which they sing, "For Us, For Them, For You."

Which sounds like the name of ML's CD, "From Them, Through Us, To You"
"For Us, For Them, For You"
I got one of their really early demo disks at an alkaline trio concert and then went to one of their shows this year like a week after they released their album. They're nothing really special but i liked the CD and the show was pretty cool.... lots of climbing up stuff and jumping off. And yeah Here I stand is a sweet song.
really great live band, there songs aren't fantastic though

there nice guys in real life though
Quote by the_astronaut
I really dislike this band. That is all.

Me too, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Every time I see them I get an urge to kick myself in the face, though. They seem like some generic label-created pop-punk boy-band which probably isn't true but ruins the whole idea for me.
I like a few of their songs. They're alright maybe a few years, a big record contract they might sound better.
i like madina lake at all, but i agree there is nothing special about them....UNLIKE MUSE!
do i dare revive a thread after 2 months...............

whatever,

on fuse's Stevens Untitled Rock Show they said they released a book a few weeks after the album, that revolved around the story of the album

does anyone know the title and where can i find it!?!?!?!?
Quote by HorridxHopes
Me too, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Every time I see them I get an urge to kick myself in the face, though. They seem like some generic label-created pop-punk boy-band which probably isn't true but ruins the whole idea for me.

I'm exactly the same. Even with the kicking myself in the face part.
Quote by Lostprophets311
on fuse's Stevens Untitled Rock Show they said they released a book a few weeks after the album, that revolved around the story of the album

does anyone know the title and where can i find it!?!?!?!?

Have you tried asking on their fan forums or their website at all? Maybe they'd be able to give you some information. Maybe even the record label?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

My friend thinks there's nothing original about them. I think they're okay tho.
I think they're pretty good. I was going to see 'em live at Projekt Revolution but I was late and I missed them . I still got their autographs and pics though. The album is decent, gets old really fast though.
Quote by IcePh0enix
I think they're pretty good. I was going to see 'em live at Projekt Revolution but I was late and I missed them . I still got their autographs and pics though. The album is decent, gets old really fast though.

**** yeah
i saw there video on tv and i was like i've heard the name but what do they sound like
and i didn't like it the lyrics was pretty bad, the music was nothing specil
and the singer sounded like he had some sort of voice manipluater
Quote by IcePh0enix
. The album is decent, gets old really fast though.

yep agree
i like them
theyre all right
but kinda washed down
you could listen to them like once a month or someting
nothing too special/amazing bout them
yeahh like lostprophets i guess

Pandora
Its like a colour mismatch
Quote by UndeadPirate
yep agree
i like them
theyre all right
but kinda washed down
you could listen to them like once a month or someting
nothing too special/amazing bout them
yeahh like lostprophets i guess

Pandora

Pandora makes me wanna .
last night, my friend played a show at a local venue. Madina Lake played as one of the headliners and i'm not really into pop-punk but i was super impressed. They were energetic as hell, and super nice guys. a few of there songs they screamed some of the vocals. overall i was very impressed. i got to talk to the lead singer after the show and he was a really nice and down to earth guy. i just got there cd and i'm really liking it so far.
"Spin round carosel when your horse isn't screwed in."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Indiana Scout Acoustic Guitar
Fender 25 Frontman Amp

Quote by kurt_cobain9
mayan civilization= destroyed. Shows how well they predicted their end doesn't it?
I have a hard time getting into this band... I can't find anything wrong with them but i just cant stand them at all... and I back the dude who said about kicking himself in the face because I totally agree.
i personally love madina lake. ive seen them in concert and they put on an amazing show. here i stand, one last kiss...its good stuff. f u guys that are downin them
Got old fast i agree. Jerkens, people have opinions, respect them.
I saw them live at give it a name (front row for brand new, woot).. they were ok, but i noticed they were one of the ones that gathered the huge amount of scene kids who do 'hardcore dancing' and moshing which was ****ign annoying/dangerous. I like a good pit, but a good pit does not have jerks waving their fists around their heads like idiots...
Page 1 of 2