Ok so i'm working on my own 1 man project.Industrial music is what i'm doing,keyboard,Computer,and myself.
Now the question
What is the best program to record your music with?
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
protools is the best. But it's really expensive.

Adobe Audition is what I use and it suits all my needs.

You can download a program called audacity for free. I've never used it so I don't know if it's any good or not.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I always use Cool Edit Pro, it's Adobe Audition but older. It suits me just fine.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Well Audacity doesn't literally record anything. Make sure you have a good mic, I have this little gem called M-AUDIO and it has a direct plugin for guitar, and the sound is amazing. It also has a mic plugin, and it's own mixing software called Session.

I love it.

(except there's no mic I have that can plug into it... )
F.U.B.A.R.
GarageBand suites my needs. Audacity is kind of ****ty for macs, not so sure if it's bad on pc.
Thanks,i have Acid,but i've been looking to get something better.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
damn man this is exactly what i am looking at doing... i plan on using cubase 4 its pricey though...
Quote by schmalex1
damn man this is exactly what i am looking at doing... i plan on using cubase 4 its pricey though...

*DIES* DON'T, cubase crashes like nobody's business....honestly, its not worth the hassle, you'll loose your work.
Pro Tools is the best if you want to pay a **** load....

Theres a realtively cheap program called GOld Wave....

Free? Use Audacity (cheap quality and you have to convert files from audacity format to mp3/ wma or what ever)
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Acid 6 and guitar rig. its all i use for recording.

I tried to use audition, but was to comfortable with acid, so i gave up on it.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Audacity seemed ok for free.

Try mixcraft. I have Mixcraft 2 but theres a new one out (didn't like it so much, meh). If you buy it you get Mixcraft 2 free. It appears so simple.. but it is just the best for general use, and you can do good stuff with it.
Quote by moody07747

try the riffs and recording form...

***CLOSED***
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!