Van Halen-Van Halen
2 4%
Axis:Bold as Love- Jimi Hendrix
6 13%
The White Album-The Beatles
9 19%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 2
actually, i think there's one on the second page right now with this same topic.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Dammit I voted.......Bad me.......
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

thats a bit generalized especially since nothing within the past 20 years is on ther e
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by Tubyboulin
^ you know what, i really dont care if there are a million others, now theres a million and one bitches

A million and one? Woah dude, way too many of these.
Quote by Kulvin
Why is motley crue up there?

Cuz they Kick ass.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Master Of Puppets!
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
I voted the white album, but thats not even the beatles best. The GREATEST album ever is Bob Dylans blonde on blonde, or highway 61 revisited.
The White Album? It wasn't that great, Magical Mystery Tour was better. As for the greatest album of all time, I really can't choose.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
You'd have to set standards for what makes an album ''great'', then debate, and that would be long and painful. You can't just list some classic albums YOU like and ask us which is the best of all time from that. How about none? Greatest album is personal.
Why is there no "other" option..? It's definitely not one of the listed albums in my opionion. I can't even think of a favorite album.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Wow that was totaly diverse! How bout you get albums from more than that genere? Btw greatest album ever is the blackening...
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
revolver? dark side of the moon? where? Axis Bold as Love is probably the most underrated album by hendrix so I'm glad u put it up there but even if its underrated idk if its the best by him.
I didn't vote.

My two favorite albums are Blood Sugar Sex Magic by RHCP, and Aja by Steely Dan. Actually, Two Against Nature by Steely Dan too.

A lot more goes into an album than is usually considered. Not only the songs on the album, but also the song order and flow, inside booklet, album cover, mixing and mastering, etc.

Therefore, considering all those things would take a vote from a group of hundreds of people who respect and enjoy every genre of music equally, and also have varying, respectable tastes in art, as well as educated in sound acoustics/audio engineering, and, for that matter, literature and storytelling.

There is no best album ever, however you may have a favorite album, or like aspects of an album.

I'm somewhat a fan of The Prodigy, and I think their album name "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" is pretty sweet. There are other aspects of the album that also appeal to me. However, I also think most of the songs on the album are mediocre, save for a few.

On the opposite side of the picture, the album Odyssey by FischerSpooner has a terribly generic symbol as their album cover, and the rest of the packaging is pretty dull, but you can tell they poured their heart and soul into making every song sound good. The mixing stood out, even if there were a few just downright weird songs.

Just a few examples, but a Greatest Album Ever title can probably never be sincerely given out.
None by the White Album comes closest.

For me its either "Who's Next," "Abbey Road," or "Sgt. Pepper."
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Epitaph by Necrophagist, The Poison by Bullet for My Valentine, RTL, MOP, AJFA by Metallica, or Blood Sugar Sex Magik by RHCP
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Jul 13, 2007,
you didn't even put any of the best albums by the bands you chose. except derek and the dominoes.

and Motley Crue? you've gotta be kidding.
Besides Pink Floyd EDIT: And Derek and the Dominoes, I hate all those albums.

Best album ever -

God Loves Ugly - Atmosphere
Spastic Ink
Ok all you people who just post that there should be more choices and that there should be other genres, y dont you list some examples, and motley crue is up there because they area damn good band.
Pink Floyd is the greatest band in the whole list. Where the hell is Rush?
Since there are no best albums only favorites my favorite of the list is a tie between Led Zeppelin and The White Album.

But my favorite albums are
Kid A, Amnesiac, OK Computer, The Bends, Hail To The Thief-Radiohead
Devil and God are Raging Inside Me-Brand New
Everything Starts Where It Ends, Pretend You're Alive-Lovedrug
As Tall As Lions-As Tall As Lions
Evaline-Postpartum Modesty. A Portrait of Skin
Carnavas-Silversun Pickups
Vheissu-Thrice

Quite the list, but I couldn't only choose one.
Last edited by Joshrocker48 at Jul 12, 2007,
Quote by Schmietty

Best album ever -

Oh, do you mean Atmosphere the Rapper? because if so, WIN, I love that guy, but I've only heard a couple of songs
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Appetite
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
hmm i expected to see DSOTM instead of the wall..
Quote by armon77
im american but i think canada would win. they would probably lay low until everyone took each other out and then finish the last one standing off in one fell swoop. sneaky bastards.
Not necessarily the best, but my favourites / ones that affected me the most are:

• The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
  • Bold As Love
  • Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Beautiful albums.
Quote by Schmietty

Best album ever -

+1000000000000 because Slug is amazing. He's in sage francis's new video so that makes me happy
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Page 1 of 2